Intro tune diversity

SPRK85
Outfitter

Intro tune diversity

Post by SPRK85 »

Would it not be a nice idea to have different intro (loading-screen) music for each reserve? To add to the nice, regional, atmosphere...

Let WHI keep the original tune, but have a more american indian tune to RFF and digiridoo music for BRR. These are just some quick suggestions and I feel they should, overall, be re-imaginings of the original tune. And they should not become campy, over-the-top, stereotypical melodies. I just want some variation...

How awesome would it be to hear an african drum when you're waiting, with full anticipation, for the african reserve to load for the first time...

Just spare me the schlager-music when it comes to HF
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Re: Intro tune diversity

Post by JimboCrow »

Best suggestion I've read in a long time. I hope Greg is listening.
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Post by HD_Artworks »

I have so many good memories with the original loading screen music.

But I think this is a good idea. I like it and I hope EW think about it too! :)
Season Stats
Spoiler:
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Do I smell another community competition in the works? ;)
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
SPRK85
Outfitter

Post by SPRK85 »

Tod1d wrote:Do I smell another community competition in the works? ;)
That would be awesome :o

Too bad I have no software for that :roll:

I would make a variation with banjo for settler´s :lol:
Sqwertle
Tracker

Post by Sqwertle »

Good idea, although I do absolutely love the intro music. Remember loving it back in 2009 or 10 when I first discovered the game and it was an excellent forest/walking simulator (wasn't into the actual hunting part at the time). Still love the intro music so much for some reason.... it almost "takes you away" and lets you know you're about to be wandering the majestic EHR :D

That said a comp for some new themes could be interesting. I have experience composing and producing music on both desktop and mobile, could try to build something off the main theme or do it in a different style but it's hard to top something that already perfectly fits theHunter.
SPRK85
Outfitter

Post by SPRK85 »

Sqwertle wrote: Still love the intro music so much for some reason.... it almost "takes you away" and lets you know you're about to be wandering the majestic EHR :D

That said ... but it's hard to top something that already perfectly fits theHunter.
Therefore I would say that it should never deviate too much from the theme. Something entirely new could off course be absolutely perfect but I´m a sceptic until I hear it. Nevertheless... who knows what might be concucted by a creative, musical mind.

The original tune is something very thrilling and also something that regularly sticks to my mind whenever I get out of the car and walk into a forrest in real life :D But with all the diversity in regions it has the capability to be more thematic.

Sometimes, when I play the hunter, I put on windows mediaplayer (I set the volume on 5-10) with a playlist apropriate to the region. Tracks consist scores from Predator or Camille-Seant Saens. Traditional Sami or digeridoo also give some regions an distintive feel. That gave me the idea... I heard digeridoo or arctic ambiant whenever I started the game, and sometimes, just sometimes... the intro of the hunter aligned perfectly with that one tune. That just gave me thrills down my spine ;)

Return to “Environment & Hunting Area Suggestions”