African Reserve

Andrewz55

African Reserve

Post by Andrewz55 »

Before you say you are agains an african reserve, im just going to say that im also agains a "poaching simulator". This is going include only legal animals to hunt in africa and some good areas that would fit well into the game.

When you think of hunting in africa, some think of the big 5( white rhino, lion, african leopard, elephant and cape buffalo), others think of poaching and some think of people walking arround shooting everything in site. I feel like this is the problem, that people dosent know that there are so much more then just hunting endagered species in africa. There is such a wide range of animals and climates in africa, anything from baboon to elephant, anything from desert to jungle.

IF an african reserve is going to be added to theHunter I feel like it sould an area like namibia. Namibia is located on the south west coast of africa, and is one of the least hunted areas in africa. The kalahari desert occupies most of the southern and eastern part of the country. There are over 15 legal species to hunt in namibia. Some of them are Kalahari Gemsbok,Springbok, Kudu, Eland, Warthog, Wildebeest, Sable, steenbok and acually cheetah. These are all beautiful animals, that most importantly needs to be hunted to reduce risk of overpopulation. When it comes to the cheetah it sould be done like the polar bear, so that you can only hunt it during special events, and only kill it else wise if it charges you and that also resulting in no score or leaderboard for the cheetah.

Crocodiles: The Nile crocodile is not endangered at all, and would be a fun animal to hunt. They are located almost all over africa, including the north of namibia. They can be challenging to hunt as they enjoy being in the water most of the day, they can also be found on the river shores mid day. These are huge animals, and most proffesional hunters in africa recomends using caliber .338 and up on them. They are best hunted from a blind, shooting them in the brain. It would add a nice unique animal to the reserve. Just an idea! (All animals suggested are not endagerd at all, and are some of the most common animals to hunt in africa.)

Here are pictures of some of the animals that sould be in the reserve:

Kalahari Gemsbok: Image
kudu: Image
Springbok: Image
Eland: Image
Wildebeest: Image
Warthog: Image
Sable: Image
Steenbok: Image

How you would hunt them: You would start at a lodge, and walk arround on little hill tops and things like that and look for small flocks of animals. I dont want it to be a ton of animals all over the place in a wide open area. I think there sould be acacia trees and tall grass on the plains. Infact i think it sould be the most challenging area to hunt, animals sould be in small groups and difficult to find. They would not have any calling sounds, or any calls to attract them. You will simply have to search for tracks of them, and track them down.

Adding some new rifles along with the reserve: I think adding some higher powered rifles along with the new reserve would be in its place. In african hunting culture big calibers are a big part of it. A .375 holland&holland bolt action rifle with a compsite stock and engraved stock would be a nice addition. Also a .416 rigby double rifle would go along with the african theme nicely. I also think we sould have shooting stand, like the one thats made out of sticks you see them use.

This is just toughts, feel free to say your opinion and other animals/african areas/rifles you would like to see!
pig26

Re: African Reserve

Post by pig26 »

I agree maybe hunting Cape buffalo elephant hippo with classic big game rifles?.
Exanimis
Hunter

Post by Exanimis »

I hope we do get an African reserve someday and I am sure we will but you said it yourself, some want the big five and some do not. No mater what we get people are going to be upset and complain, some will even quit playing theHunter. People want this game to be realistic as long as they don't have to deal with that realism, they want to hunt protected and endangered species but they don't want any kind of regulations or seasons controlling when they can hunt them. I personally would love to see more animals introduced with seasons, give us wolves but limit when we can harvest them just like the polar bears. I have no problem with hunting the big five but I believe each animal should be regulated. Suppose we could hunt Lions but we could only harvest three a yeah or three a season, to me that would be perfect but others would want to sit in a treestand and kill a dozen per hunt.
The only animal I really want to hunt in this game that I can't is the warthog, if an African reserve didn't have warthogs I probably wouldn't hut it much.
Break out the bow, Bubba's gone a hoggin'!
villethx
Outfitter

Post by villethx »

This is very old suggestion, and still probably 90% players wants it! I think they give it us soon :D But we need much bigger game in it like rhinos, elephants, lions etc... Oh and Kudu..Not always too much antlered animals
"Only dead man have seen end of war"
USMC
Always Faithful
Reaper
Andrewz55

Post by Andrewz55 »

This is general information and current hunting "situation" on african lion, white rhino, leopard, african elephant and cape buffalo/ the big 5....; First i just want to say to you people that want/ or think we will get the big 5 in the african reserve, we will not.

Just look at how they did the polar bear, they made it like in reality, in the real world you cant just go out and buy a polar bear tag and shoot one. You can only kill it if it attacks you or charges you(self defense).
If you google polar bear, and click in on wikipedia and look at the "conservation status" you can see that it is "vulnerable". Im going to use the polar bear as an base to sort of compare the conservation status of the african species mentioned above.

Conservation status listing system: 7, extinct. 6, extinct in wild. 5, critically endangered. 4, endangered. 3, vulnerable. 2, near threatned. 1, least concern.

The lion is currently "vulnerable", 25 000-23 000 lions alive in 2016. An adult male is about 250kg in living weight(550 lbs)
The white rhino is currently "near threatned", arround 20 000 alive in 2016. An adult male is about 3500kg in living weight(7700 lbs)
The african leopard is currently "near threatned" , arround 250 000 alive in 2016 An adult male is about 85kg in living weight(190 lbs)
The African elephant is currently "least concern", arround 500 000 alive in 2016. An adult male is about 6000kg in living weight(13 200 lbs)
The Cape buffalo is currently "least concern" , arround 900 000 alive in 2016. An adult male is about 850kg in living weight(1730 lbs)

THE BISON IS "NEAR THREATNED" And legal to hunt in theHunter. Meaning that we could have white rhino, african leopard, african elephant and cape buffalo without a problem from like conservation people and stuff like that. As far as the rhino's come, even though they are not "threatned" atm, think about the history of how they where hunted, white hunters(whealthy american and european trophy hunters) have killed 90% of the rhino population in 100 years. Just for their horn on the nose. Im sure alot of people dosent really care about this and just wants them in the game and hunt them . But there is also alot of people that care about having an ethical and realistic game.

theHunter is one of the few hunting games where you can acually play a hunting "simulator" and not a killing "simulator". I think the thing i apperciate the most about the hunter is that its an ethical game that wants their players to kill animals that are legal to hunt and kill them with ethical calibers. I mean in cabelas games you can run arround killing rhinos with a 6.5x55 semi auto.

IF, IF were gonna have some big animals we gotta have big calibers, i mean a 45-70 aint gonna bring down an elephant or rhino, and deffinetly not a lever action or single shot for security reasons. In almost all time of african hunting traditions amoungst proffesional hunters double rifles or bolt action rifles are preferred. I think it would only be fitting to add a nice engraved double rifle and a nice engraved bolt action rifle to the african reserve. When it comes to the calibers the minimum caliber for hunting in africa in general is .375. The recomended caliber for hunting big game is anything from a .404 to a .505.

The most common caliber in double rifles is .500 and in bolt action rifles for africa is .375. The reason there is such big calibers used in africa is simply because there is generally larger game there.

I think there sould be some 5000 em$ engraved rifles in the store when this reserve comes out. Because expensive rifles with big calibers is a big part of african hunting culture or atleast amoungst profesional hunters.
i want to see something like this:

Bolt action 1: Image

Bolt action 2: Image

Double Rifle 1: Image

Double Rifle 2: Image

Double Rifle 3: Image

Notice how they have the case hardened(blue spots) on the metal pieces on the rifles, abosolutley beautiful look.

Anyway in theory we could almost have the big 5 expcept the lion. I guess im not that different form other ppl when it comes to the african hunting reserve opinions. Comment if you agree and comment if you disagree or have other suggestions/opinions. And also if someone is thinking of qutting playing theHunter if an african reserve is added, just dont hunt in the african reserve. That it im done.
drakle
Hunter

Post by drakle »

You say lions shouldn't be huntable, when there are 23000 to 25000 in the wild, while there are an estimated 20000 white rhinos in the wild, and you suggest them to be huntable. I don't get that logic.

I would suggest putting up Restrictions for lions and rhinos, and leopards, elephant, and cape buffalo are normally huntable. But I would rather have a reserve where animals like kudu, impala, zebra, etc. are about, and have only one member of the Five in there. A good pair of examples would be...

A reserve for South Africa:

Cape Eland
Red Duiker
Black Wildebeest
Burchell's Zebra
Cape Buffalo
Jackal

The second example, based off a Botswana reserve:

Impala
Spotted Hyena
Ostrich
Southern Bush Duiker
African Elephant
Red Lechwe

But those are just ideas. I'm all for Africa.

Steam Username: ColdBloodCroc™
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Guys, seriously. It really doesn't matter if they are hunt able in game even if IRL they are vulnerable or threatened. They are only PIXELS. And it's just a GAME. It's not reality. Games are created as an escapee from reality. TheHunter is not, has never and will never be a simulator. PETA and wildlife groups will not come running in to cry if the Big 5 are hunt able in this game. Cabela's and a few other titles have them in their game and they certainly aren't in any trouble. To release an African reserve and NOT be able to hunt the Big 5 takes most the the draw away in the grand scheme of things. Again, they are only pixels and it's a game. Leave the political and wannabe social advocacy at the door, and embrace the fantasy world of the game.
Andrewz55

Post by Andrewz55 »

drakle wrote:You say lions shouldn't be huntable, when there are 23000 to 25000 in the wild, while there are an estimated 20000 white rhinos in the wild, and you suggest them to be huntable. I don't get that logic.

I would suggest putting up Restrictions for lions and rhinos, and leopards, elephant, and cape buffalo are normally huntable. But I would rather have a reserve where animals like kudu, impala, zebra, etc. are about, and have only one member of the Five in there. A good pair of examples would be...

A reserve for South Africa:

Cape Eland
Red Duiker
Black Wildebeest
Burchell's Zebra
Cape Buffalo
Jackal

The second example, based off a Botswana reserve:

Impala
Spotted Hyena
Ostrich
Southern Bush Duiker
African Elephant
Red Lechwe

But those are just ideas. I'm all for Africa.
i understand why you think its not logical when there is more lion then rhino. The reason there is a difference in threatned "level" is because the rhino is increasing in numbers each year and the lion is decrasing in numbers each year. Also i like your animal suggetions :D
Andrewz55

Post by Andrewz55 »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:Guys, seriously. It really doesn't matter if they are hunt able in game even if IRL they are vulnerable or threatened. They are only PIXELS. And it's just a GAME. It's not reality. Games are created as an escapee from reality. TheHunter is not, has never and will never be a simulator. PETA and wildlife groups will not come running in to cry if the Big 5 are hunt able in this game. Cabela's and a few other titles have them in their game and they certainly aren't in any trouble. To release an African reserve and NOT be able to hunt the Big 5 takes most the the draw away in the grand scheme of things. Again, they are only pixels and it's a game. Leave the political and wannabe social advocacy at the door, and embrace the fantasy world of the game.
I agree with you sort of. But think of how the devs did the polar bear. I honestly dont think they will make rhino or lion huntable if polar bear isnt huntable. But i deffinetly dont think that the wwf and those ppl will get on the back of theHunter if we have the big 5. Its just that the community is so split up on having the big 5.
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

African Reserve

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Andrewz55 wrote:
BucksNBuffalo wrote:Guys, seriously. It really doesn't matter if they are hunt able in game even if IRL they are vulnerable or threatened. They are only PIXELS. And it's just a GAME. It's not reality. Games are created as an escapee from reality. TheHunter is not, has never and will never be a simulator. PETA and wildlife groups will not come running in to cry if the Big 5 are hunt able in this game. Cabela's and a few other titles have them in their game and they certainly aren't in any trouble. To release an African reserve and NOT be able to hunt the Big 5 takes most the the draw away in the grand scheme of things. Again, they are only pixels and it's a game. Leave the political and wannabe social advocacy at the door, and embrace the fantasy world of the game.
I agree with you sort of. But think of how the devs did the polar bear. I honestly dont think they will make rhino or lion huntable if polar bear isnt huntable. But i deffinetly dont think that the wwf and those ppl will get on the back of theHunter if we have the big 5. Its just that the community is so split up on having the big 5.
Yes, look at how they did the Polar Bear. And then look at the uproar it caused. And now, take another look at the Polar Bear. Been huntable in the game now for quite some time, eh? ;) EW realized they made a mistake, and that some things sound better on paper than they do in practice, so the Polar Bear restrictions have been gone for a couple of months now. Now, imagine them making the same mistake with any of the African animals? Honestly, as I said it's a GAME, and it is not reality. The community needs to remember that as some tend to get carried away. It does not matter what real life restrictions are, because if that was the case, this entire game would be nothing but a poaching simulator the way it is laid out now. Unlimited bag limits, unlimited seasons, no separate bow/rifle seasons, no antler size limitations, I can go on. Last time I checked, I cannot go out hunting IRL and kill 6 Whitetail, 3 Mule Deer, a bunch of Pheasants, and 3-4 Bull Elk in a day or two. So basically, people only use the "realistic" tag to argue ONLY when it benefits them and their own thoughts. Trust me, as a RL hunter, this game is nowhere near reality and far from a simulator. If this was a true hunting game with all restrictions and varying seasons, you can bet the community would be much, much smaller. Enjoy it for what it is, and that is a good hunting game. Leave all the politically and social correctness out.

BTW, we could say the same thing about the Bison in this game. But of course, no one bats an eye about that one. See what I am saying here? If EW wants to include the Big 5, so be it.

Return to “Environment & Hunting Area Suggestions”