African Reserve

Willandrew
Spotter

Re: African Reserve

Post by Willandrew »

I would absolutely prefer to have to pay to take a Big 5 member, but I recognize that that is probably just a weird thing about me personally lol. That said, the Tripods of Death do nothing for me. Vast majority of my big game kills are with a bow using no attractants, so limiting the opportunities of once in a lifetime animals just gets me going moreso than throwing out a salt lick and seeing what shows up. Coincidentally I stopped hunting whitetails from treestands in real life 15 years ago after taking one and feeling no accomplishment.
pirahna590
Hunter

Post by pirahna590 »

Listen, guys/gals ... the african reserve WILL come one day, for this Im sure. How can I be so sure? Its simple really .. money and availability. Money is what makes this game turn, and sooner or later, the devs are going to start coming up short with ideas for new reserves, an thats when we will see it. the african reserve is just the tail feather in the hat that they are holding up their sleeve for when they cant think of another reserve. MANY MANY hunters here in this game have asked repeatedly for the african reserve, and thats money just waiting to be made. Theres no down side to doing the african reserve as they arent going to catch flack from PETA for doing this reserve, no more so then any other hunting game that DID do it.

Look at it this way .. MANY MANY players repeatedly ASKED for an AR based firearm to be implemented ... this was met by a very strongly opinionated group of players that felt it should NEVER be implemented into this game ... the argument had become so heated an such a lengthy one that eventually the devs even came to the forums an said THEY WOULD NEVER IMPLEMENT THE AR into this game ... yet here we have it. Why? Because money talks and BS walks, its that simple. Case in point, Id be willing to bet any of you, if a millionaire turned to EW an said " I'll pay you $1,000,000.00 for an african reserve with the big 5 " that we'd see that reserve in a few short months ( takes time to make it ) ... anyone want to bet me? I'll bet you $2,000,000.00 they do it ... I'll give EW the mil an keep a mil for myself lol
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

pirahna590 wrote:Listen, guys/gals ... the african reserve WILL come one day, for this Im sure. How can I be so sure? Its simple really .. money and availability. Money is what makes this game turn, and sooner or later, the devs are going to start coming up short with ideas for new reserves, an thats when we will see it. the african reserve is just the tail feather in the hat that they are holding up their sleeve for when they cant think of another reserve. MANY MANY hunters here in this game have asked repeatedly for the african reserve, and thats money just waiting to be made. Theres no down side to doing the african reserve as they arent going to catch flack from PETA for doing this reserve, no more so then any other hunting game that DID do it.

Look at it this way .. MANY MANY players repeatedly ASKED for an AR based firearm to be implemented ... this was met by a very strongly opinionated group of players that felt it should NEVER be implemented into this game ... the argument had become so heated an such a lengthy one that eventually the devs even came to the forums an said THEY WOULD NEVER IMPLEMENT THE AR into this game ... yet here we have it. Why? Because money talks and BS walks, its that simple. Case in point, Id be willing to bet any of you, if a millionaire turned to EW an said " I'll pay you $1,000,000.00 for an african reserve with the big 5 " that we'd see that reserve in a few short months ( takes time to make it ) ... anyone want to bet me? I'll bet you $2,000,000.00 they do it ... I'll give EW the mil an keep a mil for myself lol
I would never say never...but I will say not likely. If it were a simple matter of running out of ideas, they would have pushed Africa to the front a long time ago. It has long been (since 2009 or so) the most highly requested reserve, and has always been met with "not on our horizon". That tells me that either they're holding out Africa because of a design decision, or engine limitation. I can't see them making 5 or 6 more reserves and then suddenly changing their mind on the Africa stance. If you're sitting on $2 million though, you could always donate it to EW for Africa development. ;)
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Then again, if you are sitting on $2 million, just go to Africa and do the real thing ;)
LEFLOR
Scout

Post by LEFLOR »

For 2 million you will have more than the 5 big ones... and it will be necessary to envisage a stay long duration
pirahna590
Hunter

Post by pirahna590 »

If I had 2 million dollars, Id offer it to EW to develop the african reserve with the big 5 ... but unfortunately, I do not have that kind of money lol.
JD3006

Post by JD3006 »

I think it would be a great addition. I agree that there are people who want and don't want the big 5 in Africa.
I myself who has hunted in Africa would not want an elephant and lion in the game, but that's just my personal opinion.

I think a safe way to do it would be release a reserve with the basic plains game, and maybe 1 dangerous game such as a Buffalo know to African hunters as 'the black death'

see how it goes, crunch the numbers and if it seems viable release another animal. or even better still have it as a purchasable option.. want the big 5 then it'll cost you X-ems
that way if you want it buy it and play it in single player mode, if you don't want to just go for the Kudu etc.

personally I think it would not be beneficial to the company to add lions, elephant and rhino to the game.. just look at the impact from Cecil the lion. it aint worth the PR nightmare.

but there is nothing wrong with African plains game they are just the same as all the other game on the current reserves. we need to separate ourselves from this Taboo word that is African hunting.
Durin
Scout

Post by Durin »

Sry i dont get this talk about the big 5. Think about the fact, that each of us killed nearly 2000 goose or 1000 black bears. Is this realistic? No. Is this game although a good and fun game? Yes. Its a Simulation. Quite easy it is. So i would love to hunt the big 5 (in the game). In real life i only hunt animals which arent protected. Simple as that.
frontosa7

Post by frontosa7 »

Asking since 2010....no answer.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

frontosa7 wrote:Asking since 2010....no answer.
You must have missed the answer.
Alena Rybik wrote:Africa has been discussed for years and years and has been (almost) brought into the roadmap a couple of times. There are a lot of reasons why it hasn’t happened yet, one of them is because it’s a huge risk production-wise for such a small team as ours, it would take a hell lot of development time and resources. It’s not cheap to develop a game. Then there is an ethical aspect which is one of our main pillars in theHunter Classic that we treat extremely seriously, and we won’t be adding Africa until we feel that our game design in that respect is 100% bulletproof.
I don’t want to rule out the possibility of Africa completely though. It might happen one day but there are a lot of question marks that we would need to tackle first.
Source:

http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=78464

Return to “Environment & Hunting Area Suggestions”