African Reserve

baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Re: African Reserve

Post by baloo.the.dog »

trophy hunters pay in conservation which does more good than having 3 elephants die in one night from disease or attack. its a ratio thing
Give us ptarmigans on Whiterime Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tide!!
Extort713
Tracker

Post by Extort713 »

Seeing as they changed polar bears to allow harvesting at anytime with achievements, the endangered species IRL stance is thrown out the window.
Margarita888
Spotter

Post by Margarita888 »

If Africa ever comes to play, it might just as well be a brand new game instead of a reserve.
Spoiler:
Margarita, EHR hunter since 2012.
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

SS0001 wrote:It's possible the introduction of an African hunting reserve would have absolutely no impact at all outside our community, but I do remember a few years ago PETA undertook a campaign to have Ubisoft remove the whale hunting mini game from Assassin’s Creed 4.
PETA singled out whale hunting aspect because they knew they could get headlines with such a contentious issue. It probably had zero effect on Ubisofts sales but it still would have cost them time and money defending the claims PETA was making.
So I’m not sure you could completely disregard this as a risk even though they are just pixels in a game.
What time and money did it cost them? A couple of statements were made which pretty much said "it's a game", and was really free advertising since others wanted a response from Ubisoft, which gave a description of what sounded like a fun game. I am sure it only helped them in the long run.

It is a game, and if PETA wants to go after EW, and even further reduce their credibility I say take the free advertising.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
pirahna590
Hunter

Post by pirahna590 »

I dont know WHY EW has danced around the African Reserve, an the Big Five for so long ... as mentioned, MANY of the " hunters " here in game are asking for this so there needs to be some reason EW hasnt done it yet. Perhaps its a conservation issue, as mentioned ... but they are, as stated, only pixels and replenish upon start of a new game. Its not like adding the big five will increase the number of hunters IRL that would spend the tens of thousands of dollars to go on a real life safari hunt to hunt the big five either ... if anything, adding the Big Five on an African Reserve would allow MANY " hunters " the thrill an satisfaction of a once in a lifetime hunt that they themselves would never be able to go an do IRL. Personally, I hope an dream, that EW implements the Big Five on an African Reserve, but doubt we will see it, or at least any time soon. Remember, the DEVS stated MANY MANY times, that they would NEVER implement an AR based firearm into this game, an yet, here it is. Given enough time, and the demand for it, eventually the ol might dollar will trump what ever reservations EW has with the Big Five and add it to the game. This I believe an is of course, my oppinion
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Another rambling post about ethical hunting in a game......This forum never seizes to amaze me and amuse me even more!
The pixels are endangered...............Pita will step in...............All Hail to the Monkey King............. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Willandrew
Spotter

Post by Willandrew »

I realize I'm resurrecting this thread a bit, but this one seems to have the most level headed responses on this topic so here goes. Forgive me if it's been brought up before, I'm quite new here, but has the idea been brought up to fill Africa with plains game (a total non-issue I'm sure) but also have members from the Big 5 scattered about but give them the "Guest" treatment and lower the weapon when attempting to fire at them? I'm assuming this was how Polar Bears were treated, but that was before I got here. But also, since it is actually in a RL conservationist's interest to charge a boatload for the few guys that can swing it to hunt one animal from the Big 5 and put that money towards bettering the species, why not charge a few em$ for a license that allows you to take one animal of that species?

We could be on the plains and hunt Kudu and whatnot all day long, and the lions and elephants are there in all their AI glory doing lion and elephant things, but we can only spectate, until we can't take it any longer and plop down $2.00 to get a lion tag and spend multiple hours searching for the right one to bring home and show off to the community.
kahuamp
Scout

Post by kahuamp »

I would like to see an african environment, and I would find more pleasure in hunting the faster, more spookish species (antlered/horned) + warthog.
Buffalos, elephants or other large species that I could spot from afar, or dangerous game that would attack me as I run around the map like a headless chicken would become dull rather quickly.
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

Willandrew wrote:I realize I'm resurrecting this thread a bit, but this one seems to have the most level headed responses on this topic so here goes. Forgive me if it's been brought up before, I'm quite new here, but has the idea been brought up to fill Africa with plains game (a total non-issue I'm sure) but also have members from the Big 5 scattered about but give them the "Guest" treatment and lower the weapon when attempting to fire at them? I'm assuming this was how Polar Bears were treated, but that was before I got here. But also, since it is actually in a RL conservationist's interest to charge a boatload for the few guys that can swing it to hunt one animal from the Big 5 and put that money towards bettering the species, why not charge a few em$ for a license that allows you to take one animal of that species?

We could be on the plains and hunt Kudu and whatnot all day long, and the lions and elephants are there in all their AI glory doing lion and elephant things, but we can only spectate, until we can't take it any longer and plop down $2.00 to get a lion tag and spend multiple hours searching for the right one to bring home and show off to the community.

yeah i do see whay youre saying, the big 5 need to be made special by being the BIG 5! and the prestige wears off if you can bag hundreds of them. however charging for the privilege wont be met well from players if we have to pay even more to play a game. besides alena made a statement not long ago saying we will never be charged extra for a reserve or species. i do think the polar bear only permited at limited times was an attempt to test the water and try to atlease promote ethical hunting and aid for endangered species but we all remember how that was recived and how fast it got dropped.

an option that may work is bag limits? maybe 7 tags a week so you can either go bananas 1 day and leave them for a week or spread it out, i be happy with that as ive wanted africa so long id be guttered if they just turned elephant into another bison walk up and slam with a cannon species and lions in a pile under a "tripod/treestand of death". somehow i think any attempt to reign in the slaughter wont be met well after all its just a game.

what i sure dont want to see is africa without at couple of the big 5, because if we get that its basically saying we wont get them ever and that might b the nail in the coffin for the request that always had massive support since day 1 of thehunter forums.

fingers have been crossed so long for a trophy lion in a virtual trophy room that id taken with a safari double rifle in 375HH, 416 rigby or the monster .500 nitro express.
DOGGRIPSLLC
Tracker

Post by DOGGRIPSLLC »

A african reserve is a wonderful idea but will be a total failure if people refuse to acknowledge that this is just a game. It does not reflect on any living endangered animal. I am native american cree I have an utmost respect for the living things on this ball of blue that we call earth. I have seen that same attribute on many of the people who play this game. Its part of the reason that I like coming here. So many like minded people. But in the end I realize that these are cartoon animals . Not real. They represent nothing more then a target to shoot at. In real life I have no want to shoot a elephant or rhino or lion or anything else I cant eat. It is not my way. But those that do help the villages over there by participating in their hunting programs. There is no shame in this it is a good thing. But a game is a game I would love to shoot lion and elephant and rhino and crocs and monkees and wart hogs and hyena`s and so on and so on. Nothing is lost Nothing is hurt. its a game

Return to “Environment & Hunting Area Suggestions”