African Reserve

gas56
Outfitter

Re: African Reserve

Post by gas56 »

African Reserve.... time... development.. resources...capabilities. Wanted by players.
Hmmmmm,.. a Dinosaur hunting game was made, so there is knowledge for large animals.
The word is Rogue animal for the big 5 in Classic,... not herds, not packs, just one Rogue animal wondering the reserve Bush for each hunting session. You wouldn't know which one unless you came across it.
Resources are saved, plenty of room for Antelopes, Hyena, Wart hogs, and other prey game animals available.
And when you're thinking there are no big 5,.......
do you got that big gun loaded if you get too close?
Cuz guess what? this is no female moose.
Stealthhunter
Tracker

New African map

Post by Stealthhunter »

Hello all, i know this suggestion has been made many times before and there are good debates on why we shouldn't/should have an African reserve. Me personally i would love one, most animals in Africa maybe endangered but there is still a lot that aren't ;) . I know not everyone will agree with what i have said, but that is there opinion and i respect everyone's opinion. Please leave a comment, thanks :)

African Map

Flora (plants) examples:

Acacia trees

Shrubs

Long and short grasses

Fauna (animals/species):

African water buffalo - Since they are releasing Water buffalo and Banteng in the new Australian map they could easily make a new species of water buffalo like what they did with the bears and ptarmigan. They could be seen in large herds or smaller groups, maybe a few solitary ones.

Lion - Another cat to add to the game since there first release of the bobcat has been a big success. They could be seen in prides and every now and then a solitary male. The devs could also make them attack you. Having lions could also help them to design a mountain lion for TgT.

Thompson gazelle or Springbok - Seen in groups/herds or a pair every now and then.

Kudu - Another antlered animal they could add to the map which i have seen in other hunting games before i started playing this one.

Spotted hyena - Could be seen roaming the savannah in packs or solitary, scavenging on carcasses and dead animals like the wolf.

Nile Crocodile - Find them in a large river crossing the map. They could be solitary, in a pair or in a group when hunting African water buffalo crossing the river. This would add some excitement to the game and would make you nervous crossing rivers as you know there could be danger below the muddy surface.
Please click this link if you are interested in joining up to the UHCapps site. You can win prizes and earn points to get em on the UHCapps
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

Stealthhunter wrote:....
Fauna (animals/species):

African water buffalo - Since they are releasing Water buffalo and Banteng in the new Australian map they could easily make a new species of water buffalo like what they did with the bears and ptarmigan. They could be seen in large herds or smaller groups, maybe a few solitary ones.
Thompson gazelle or Springbok - Seen in groups/herds or a pair every now and then.
Spotted hyena - Could be seen roaming the savannah in packs or solitary, scavenging on carcasses and dead animals like the wolf.
1. Never heard of African Water Buffalo. I assume you meant Cape Buffalo, which is totally different than Water Buffalo.
2. Between Thompson gazelle habitat (Great Rift Valley, Central East Africa) and Springbok habitat (South-West Africa) are around 3000 kilometers. They are not even in the same time zone. :)
3. Spotted hyena NEVER lives solitary! The big clans are having around 100 individuals and that's the key of their survival.

As for any others who suggested "weird" things about species, i recommend you few weeks of watching "Animal Planet".
Spoiler:

Jack.Grave
Outfitter

Post by Jack.Grave »

African reserve on tH:C engine is a big NO, due serious limitations: herd size is limited to 8 specimens at once, limited rendering distance (220 m horizontal line), limited reserve area (rougly 4x4 km max) and limited amoun of animals in reserve (number unknown but its in range between 200 and 300 individuals).

African reserve as standalone title based on Avalanche APEX engine with all good things from tH:C (like detailed statistic, score sheets, missions and competions across SP/MP, TruRACS) could be good. But I am afraid it will cost huge amount of money and man-hours to make it.

As written above by JackRbbt watch some Animal Planet or visit local library to understood which animal lives where. Jack
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

Maybe more of a bushy part of Africa as opposed to the plains area. You could have animals like western savanna buffalo, lord derby eland, hartebeest, bushpig, and duiker. Yes, some of these animals travel in large herds, but so do lots of the animals in theHunter that are only found in groups of 5 or 6.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda

Return to “Environment & Hunting Area Suggestions”