Holiday Events

RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Holiday Events

Post by RidgeBack69 »

We have all seen the frustration from players about the events leaning heavily towards players willing to invest great amounts of time. So I was thinking about a way to balance it a little.

you Could tie the jolly points or hearts or whatever thy may be called to the event competitions so the points can only be awarded by the animals from the comps and once you have used up the comp attempts or the comp ends you can no longer get jolly points from that animal. In turn you would have to wait for the next comp to start.
Although 25 attempts might be a bit much it would still be better than 24/7 players and 2 or more players on one account dominating the points. And the attempt limit would curb the spawn mashers a little.

Maybe extra point to the top finishers in the event comps.

I don't know how possible this would be but it could be a solution.
Spoiler:
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Re: Holiday Events

Post by DYEUZ »

How about , not having a jolly point system at all.
Finding something else are my thoughts or nothing at all . So no one exploits the JP system to the max and all can have fun .
Fun missions and comps is good enough for me .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

I kind of like the jolly points. we just need a better way to award them.
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

An idea might be to only award Jolly Points, for males that were harvested, at 100 % Harvest Value. That is my 2 cents on these types of events. Hey, I made that rhyme, I seem to do that all the time... ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

I said it elsewhere on the forum but don't remember where now. I also like the jollypoint system, I just don't care for competition being at the core of holiday events. Competitions will almost always be won by those with the most time to invest and while that's great for those with the time to invest, it disrupts the community as those with less time will argue about unfairness and all that, as we're currently seeing. Holidays and their events are supposed to be fun, and it's easy to see why newer players or those with less time don't find the current event fun at all. While I'm really not all about the "everyone's a winner" moral, it would be nice to see a system that everyone could enjoy during the holidays. Save competitions for all the rest of the year. Instead of a competition where only a handful of people in a large community can win top prizes, have it so that anyone who reaches certain levels of jollypoints can win a prize. Even if it's just a unique trophy for each level, or small consumable gifts, having prizes that the average player can obtain makes the event just a little more fun. This year, everyone gets a trophy and a banner at 80,000 then it's just better trophies until you reach the top tiers. Maybe have a system like trophy at 80,000 points, banner at 100,000 points, better trophy at 125,000 points, small scent eliminator at 150,000 points, etc. The prizes don't have to be awesome, and people are more willing to just hunt and play like normal if they know it's at least possible for them to win something. And if not jollypoints, finding hidden treasures around the map and completing mission for a trophy or small prize seems fairly entertaining to me, so I'd enjoy that option too. Maybe a new small pack of missions with a new type of item to find every week in December.

The only problem I see with your guy's suggestions for only awarding jollypoints for certain kills (heart shots or only males or 100% harvest value or etc), it slows down the leaders of the competitions but doesn't really solve the grinding issues. Grinders are still going to grind, they're just going to have to try a little harder to do it.

Return to “Mission & Competition Suggestions”