Polar Bear Mission Pack Idea

drakle
Hunter

Polar Bear Mission Pack Idea

Post by drakle »

I decided to make this mission pack as we don't have anything for the Polar Bears. Hope you enjoy!
-------

Intro: Name’s Richard Keys. I’m the head warden of Whiterime Ridge, and I need your help with something. See, we’ve been receiving multiple attack reports by Polar Bears, and I fear something may be wrong with them. I need you to come and help us out here, if you can.

Mission 1: What Brews in the North

It seems the bears are normal, but I’d think it’s best that you make sure that nothing’s wrong.

-Spot a Polar Bear.
-Spot a Polar Bear in the same hunt.
-Spot a Polar Bear in the same hunt.

Mission 2: Bear Pair

Perhaps there is some sort of virus infecting the bears? I think you should take a couple of them, and make sure it isn’t spreading quickly.

-Harvest a Polar Bear.
-Harvest another Polar Bear in the same hunt.

Mission 3: Stand Tall

Hmm… signs of disease aren’t present in either of the specimens. Thank goodness! You’d better make sure though, maybe take one when it’s going mad.

-Harvest a Polar Bear while it’s charging you.

Mission 4: Frigid Thoughts

No unusual signs in this one either? Perhaps something else is causing them to attack people. We need to recheck our research. Go out and take a couple male polar bears. How about a bow or crossbow for fun this time?

-Harvest any male Polar Bear with a bow or crossbow.
-Harvest any male Polar Bear with a bow or crossbow in the same hunt.

Mission 5: Bear Bounty (Single Player)

We just got a hunter mauled out there! Luckily he was able to make it. The attack occurred at Kosatka Harbour an hour ago, so get going and take the culprit down there!

-Take down the rogue Polar Bear at Kosatka Harbour with any permitted handgun.

Mission 6: Under Pressure

Good job hunter, that’s one less bear to be worried about, but there are more bears out there. Maybe the gunshots are angering the bears? I need you to grab a powerful rifle and take a few more bears out from a distance to test this theory.

-Harvest a Polar Bear with the .340 Weatherby Magnum Bolt Action Rifle from 100m.
-Harvest a Polar Bear with the .340 Weatherby Magnum Bolt Action Rifle from 100m in the same hunt.
-Harvest a Polar Bear with the .340 Weatherby Magnum Bolt Action Rifle from 100m in the same hunt.

Mission 7: Operation Cable

There’s been another attack, hunter. The bear responsible appears to be getting madder with every gunshot she hears. Grab a Cable-backed Bow and take her out quietly.

-Harvest a female Polar Bear with the Cable-backed Bow.

Mission 8: Fear the Beast

We have a problem! A male Polar Bear has just mauled multiple hunters. We have called him the ‘Bloodshaw Bear’ because of his ruthless attacks on hunters and animals. He is too savage to be kept roaming! Go out there and take some bears to draw him out.

-Harvest any male Polar Bear with a lung shot, using any 12 GA shotgun.
-Harvest any male Polar Bear with a brain shot, using any rifle.
-Harvest any male Polar Bear with a heart shot, using any muzzleloader.

Mission 9: The Deep End

I hope what we’re doing gives the Bloodshaw Bear a warning. We need to prepare for when we do encounter him, so head out and get some polar bears mad. Grab a .45-70 rifle, but no scope.

-Harvest a Polar Bear while it’s charging you using any unscoped .45-70 rifle.
-Harvest a Polar Bear while it’s charging you using any unscoped .45-70 rifle in the same hunt.
-Harvest a Polar Bear while it’s charging you using any unscoped .45-70 rifle in the same hunt.

Mission 10: Bloodshaw’s Wrath (Single Player)

We’ve got big trouble, hunter. The Bloodshaw Bear has somehow found his way to the south of Whiterime Ridge and he is currently killing bison and moose as we speak. I’m getting in a lot of heat with the EHRCA about this, so get out there and drop that beast in his tracks!

-Harvest the infamous ‘Bloodshaw Bear’ terrorizing the Tatanka Hot Springs at 100% Harvest Value.

Ending: I feel so bad about causing so much damage to the Polar Bear population here, but it seems the bears have gone to normal. Good job, hunter.

Steam Username: ColdBloodCroc™
chewik
Outfitter

Re: Polar Bear Mission Pack Idea

Post by chewik »

interesting pack. IMO: missions 4 and 9 shouldn't have that condition "in the same hunt".
akforeverlost
Tracker

Post by akforeverlost »

I agree with with chewik, but they are still great ideas. The polar bears have been around for a while now, it would be great to have some missions with them. But just for fun, I think I will work through drakle's! Thank you!
FastGun
Scout

Post by FastGun »

chewik wrote:interesting pack. IMO: missions 4 and 9 shouldn't have that condition "in the same hunt".
They both already so easy to complete. Why should he remove in the same hunt requirement?
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

@drakle
I hope you don't include the same thing as in the Grizzly missions. "Harvest a Male Blonde Grizzly". TGT is HUGE..what are the odds of a single player going out on that map and finding one? I have done 7 or 8 hunts in a row there. Not a sniff of a blonde. First you have to find a male, then track it without level 16 so you have no idea how old the track is, and you have no idea if this bear is subject to the roaming bug. So, you resort to waiting to hear one that shows as a male, and then run to it to see what it is. In the almost 1 year since they have been introduced, I have seen 3 or 4 blondes. That's it. I know I can walk out of the lodge and find one in 5 minutes, as some folks do, but that has to be extremely rare. How many hunts on that HUGE reserve do I have to do to complete one mission? To cover that entire area where Grizzlies are would take at least 7 or 8 hours as a SP. I'm assuming EW is spawning one every time??

WRR is similarly HUGE..please don't do something on that order there.

P.S. Is it just me, or has anyone else seen Grizzly poop recently (which I think would tell you the age of the track like it does for all other species regardless of skill level)? I've been hunting and tracking Grizzlies for hours and have not seen one poop? Do I have to be in the woods only? :lol:

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Skorpiovenator

Post by Skorpiovenator »

Polar bears don't have any fur variations, so you should be fine :D
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Skorpiovenator wrote:Polar bears don't have any fur variations, so you should be fine :D
:D

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
ZTrophyBuckZ
Spotter

Post by ZTrophyBuckZ »

Man, you're good at Mission creating lol.

Return to “Mission & Competition Suggestions”