LongRange Shooting Comps.

Greywolf01
Tracker

LongRange Shooting Comps.

Post by Greywolf01 »

Please add competitions to all species that do not require shooting long distances. Members like me that do not like them should have more comps that require less distance. Not putting them down for members that enjoy those, but for us who do not we should have an option while that Comp is going on to have a choice to a different one not involving distance. Please do not take this the wrong way. It is just an opinion. If distance is that day(s) we have to wait til next one to participate. Thanks and hope you guys give this some thought. :)
tbug
Outfitter

Re: LongRange Shooting Comps.

Post by tbug »

I agree. I don't like them either and it seems new comps are getting more targeted to hard core players and against casual players.
I mean long distance ducks with arrows? Most ducks in a single hunt? Just not for me but you can't please everyone so who am I to complain.
Greywolf01
Tracker

Post by Greywolf01 »

Apparently they don't care about casual hunters. Note the non responses? All they need to do is just place other ones where the long range competitions are. Gives you a choice of where to join.
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

Greywolf01 wrote:Apparently they don't care about casual hunters. Note the non responses? All they need to do is just place other ones where the long range competitions are. Gives you a choice of where to join.
I'm not sure that's a fair statement. What defines a casual hunter? From my point of view, a casual hunter doesn't care a lick about competitions at all. From your point of view, it might have a different meaning. EW might define "casual" hunter differently than both of us, and they are the only ones to have full survey results & 8 years of data to back that up...none of us can see that.

Now, if you're claiming that they don't care about players that don't like long range shooting competitions (like myself), I would argue that the opposite is true. After all, at least 80% of the competitions are NOT long range comps.
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

I am not a fan of long range comps either but thy make for a good change every now and then.
It is kind of simple if you don't like a comp don't enter. there are 2 duck comps running right now one long range and one highest average. you can choose what ever one you like.
Spoiler:

Return to “Mission & Competition Suggestions”