reservat trophies/combined results/ehr-trophy

Granti
Hunter

reservat trophies/combined results/ehr-trophy

Post by Granti »

i could imagine that this was already been put on the table, but couldnt find it.

i always wondered why there were no reservat-trophies where your task is to hunt every animal thats specific for this area.

example: biggest score combined for whitetail, blacktail, roosevelt-wapiti, coyote and turkey wins whitehart island-trophy. and so on.

in the end u also can combine the individuell outcome of each reservat. the one who did best on all of it is at the end of the season king or of course queen of the ehr.
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Re: reservat trophies/combined results/ehr-trophy

Post by Hawkeye »

They have had these before some years ago as special events. Here is an example: https://www.thehunter.com/#competitions ... eaderboard

I thought they were a lot of fun. Would love to see them more often.
Granti
Hunter

Post by Granti »

i can imagine them as a lot of fun. i really like to hunt most of the species, not just a few. do u know a reason why they stopped doing it?
chewik
Outfitter

Post by chewik »

Granti wrote: do u know a reason why they stopped doing it?
because big differences in score between species. some have only small difference between min and max score, some big. there are also species with "low" number value - bear, and and with big number value - pigs or weight based scores, like waterfowl. that's why CSS was introduced. to get these values in some comparable scale.
Granti
Hunter

Post by Granti »

chewik wrote:
Granti wrote: do u know a reason why they stopped doing it?
because big differences in score between species. some have only small difference between min and max score, some big. there are also species with "low" number value - bear, and and with big number value - pigs or weight based scores, like waterfowl. that's why CSS was introduced. to get these values in some comparable scale.
yeah, so thats not an excuse anymore:)

i just think competitions could need a little push. off course some people will like them as they are, my opinion is that there are a lot of chances missed.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Granti wrote:
chewik wrote:that's why CSS was introduced. to get these values in some comparable scale.
yeah, so thats not an excuse anymore:)

i just think competitions could need a little push. off course some people will like them as they are, my opinion is that there are a lot of chances missed.
CSS does not really eliminate that problem, because CSS also somehow includes how many animals of a species you can get in a certain amount of time. Because of this, the CSS of a trophy goose or a trophy duck will never even be close to the CSS of a trophy bear or canine.

The closest you could get right now is by using normalized scores like David (caledonianblues) did in his competitions or Hossein and I did in our Advent comp. Even then it's not exactly the same for all species, because for some species it's much easier to find a trophy with 90% of the max score than for others. I think we would all agree that finding a 26 pheasant is much easier than finding a 390 roosevelt elk or even a 640 reindeer!

But I agree with you that the competition system and the scoring system could use an overhaul!
Image Image Image

Return to “Mission & Competition Suggestions”