Rocky Mountain Elk Missions

ZTrophyBuckZ
Spotter

Rocky Mountain Elk Missions

Post by ZTrophyBuckZ »

GENERAL DESC.: Hello there, my name is Dr. Zach Hiker and I'm both a wildlife biologist and hunter. I've been looking for someone who could help me figure out what's going on with the recent drop in the Rocky Mountain Elk population that seems to occur every day. I've had my suspicions about the wolves that were newly introduced to Timbergold Trails, but I can't confirm it was the wolves with the lack of evidence I have. I'll pay you handsomely if you help me in my investigation.

MISSIONS:
Mission One - Body Count - Desc.: First off, I need you to find three corpses of Elk that are already dead. Gender does not matter. Once you harvest them, I will prepare an autopsy on each of the corpses to find the most accurate cause of death.
Objectives: 1. Harvest a Rocky Mountain Elk corpse. 2. Harvest another Rocky Mountain Elk corpse. 3. Harvest another Rocky Mountain Elk corpse.
Pays: 100 gm$.

Mission Two - Delving Deeper - Desc.: On first glance of the corpses you harvested for me, it looked like there was bite marks, but no real predation. My main concern are those big rashes on their bodies. I'll take a sample of flesh and analyze it. Meanwhile, could you see if there is still some remaining elk herds out there?
Objectives: 1. Identify the call of a bull Elk. 2. Identify the call of a cow Elk. 3. Discover three elk tracks. 4. Spot an Elk.
Pays: 200 gm$.

Mission Three - The Case Goes Viral - Desc.: Alright, I have found the culprit. The bite marks were not caused by wolves, except, they seemed more like they were caused by a virus like chickenpox, but like a mutated version of it that eventually causes death. I'm gonna refer to this virus as "elkpox" for now on. Could you please harvest a fresh elk, gender doesn't matter, and bring it to me? I want to see if the virus is active in elk that seem healthy. You can harvest it with any weapon or ammunition legal to take down the elk.
Objectives: 1. Harvest an Elk.
Pays: 350 gm$

Mission Four - Need More! - Desc.: In that autopsy, I discovered the elkpox virus was active in that Elk you harvested for me, and under it's hair, there were already rashes and red dots forming. I need more information if this elkpox is spreading throughout more of the population. This time, I need you to harvest both a bull and a cow, and with a bow of any kind, even crossbows.
Objectives: 1. Harvest a bull Elk with a score less than 350. 2. Harvest a cow Elk.
Pays: 600 gm$

Mission Five - Trophy Bull - Desc.: This is just getting worse. In the recent autopsies of that bull and cow Elk you harvested for me, I took a sample of a spot and rash and observed the elkpox virus increasing in surface area rapidly. The disease is mutating. But, I have good news! I have discovered that the white blood cells of a mature bull elk are strong enough to eliminate the elkpox virus, due to some recent experiments. I need you to go out there and harvest a mature bull elk that has a gross score of at least 350. You can use any permitted weapon this time.
Objectives: 1. Harvest a bull Elk with a score of 350 or higher.
Pays: 800 gm$

Mission Six - Creating a Cure - Desc.: I merely took blood samples on that big bull Elk you harvested for me instead of an autopsy. It was confirmed there was no traces of the elkpox virus in him. I used a pipette to take a blood sample of that bull and an infected Elk, and I observed the white blood cells making quick work of the virus. Now I need about four cow Elk subjects and another bull with a gross score about the same or even bigger than the last bull you harvested. I need to extract the white blood cells from the bulls and inject them into blood samples of the cows to see if this cure would be enough to de-infect the entire population. You can use any legal weapon.
Objectives: 1. Harvest a cow Elk. 2. Harvest another cow Elk. 3. Harvest another cow Elk. 4. Harvest another Cow Elk. 5. Harvest a bull Elk with a score of 350 or higher.
Pays: 1200 gm$

Mission Seven - Virus Fighters - Desc.: YES! IT WORKED! The extracted white blood cells worked! Under a microscope, I saw the same thing as before, the white blood cells quickly finishing off the elkpox virus. Now, I need you to head back out and find a herd of elk around Everfall Lodge. I'll be out with you on the other side around Goldhorn Pass hunting for mature bulls so I can extract more white blood cells to make more cures. While you're out there, mind helping me a little bit in getting 2 more mature bulls? Using a bow or crossbow is required this time.
Objectives: 1. Discover 5 Elk tracks. 2. Identify 5 Elk calls. 3. Spot 5 Elk. 4. Harvest a bull Elk with a score of 350 or higher. 5. Harvest another bull Elk with a score of 350 or higher.
Pays: 1800 gm$

Mission Eight - The Cures are Complete - Desc.: Well, I'm really tired now, but we now have enough white blood cells from all those mature Elk we harvested to stop the elkpox virus once and for all! I need you to get out there and discover a big herd of Elk. I will send my research team to go out and begin tranquilizing them and injecting the white blood cells into them once you have discovered their location.
Objectives: 1. Discover 10 Elk tracks. 2. Identify 10 Elk calls in the same hunt. 3. Spot at least 5 Elk in the same hunt.
Pays: 2600 gm$

Mission Nine - The Population's Comeback - Desc.: Ever since that herd of Elk got those white blood cells injected into them, it seems they have begun a late rut, and the mature bulls have been breeding a lot of cows, but with these mature bulls, there'll be lots of calves, so it seems we'll have to thin the population down a layer. I need you to harvest at least three bulls with a gross score of above 300. Any ammunition will do.
Objectives: 1. Harvest a bull Elk with a score above 300. 2. Harvest another bull Elk with a score above 300. 3. Harvest another bull Elk with a score above 300.
Pays: 3500 gm$

Mission Ten - One Last Thing - Desc.: With the elkpox virus soon at it's end, I'd like to thank you for all you have done, but one last thing, this will be the hardest task. I need you to harvest six mature bull Elk with scores at 380 or higher. I know there's not many bulls with a score like that, but it's to make sure if there's ever another elkpox outbreak, we'll be ready. The reason why I increased the score limit is because if the virus does come back, it will have mutated even more, so we need to make sure that does not happen. Any ammunition will do.
Objectives: 1. Harvest a bull Elk with a score above 380. 2. Harvest another bull Elk with a score above 380. 3. Harvest another bull Elk with a score above 380. 4. Harvest another bull Elk with a score above 380. 5. Harvest another bull Elk with a score above 380. 6. Harvest one last bull Elk with a score above 380.
Pays: 4800 gm$

COMPLETION MESSAGE:
Congratulations! And thank you for all your help! I couldn't of discovered what was causing the population loss without you!

Return to “Mission & Competition Suggestions”