Missions with New Style?

TheHottShott

Missions with New Style?

Post by TheHottShott »

I have been wondering about a new mission style for certain missions in game. These missions will come up for a period of time and cycle through every three actual days, maybe. Anyway, something awry will occur on the EHR, where Doc, or somebody will need your help, be it a killer animal (Challenging Buffalo Bill mission comes to mind), an injured animal, a cull of an animal(s), etc.

The difference is that these missions will launch a new game session, inserting you wherever the mission area is, with the circumstances perfect for an encounter (time of day, weather, etc.), but you can choose your weapon (unless prompted otherwise) and clothing (unless prompted otherwise) to accomplish the task. These missions can occur at the well-known points on a map, such as the crater on Redfeather Falls, or the Ghost Pond on BRR, for some recognition on the maps.

A scenario that I would love to see is on an African map (that we all know is coming, the devs just haven't gotten to it yet) have a cave at a part of the map and have something similar to the Ghost and the Darkness, a couple of killer lions that you need to remove before anybody else gets hurt with any weapon you choose, but at 18:30, which gives you 15 real life minutes to figure out a plan and execute it before you fail the mission. If you fail, you can simply retry until you succeed, as long is it is within the three day cycle.

What do you think? It likely needs some tweaking, but I think it's a cool concept. It might need some new tech, but I highly doubt it's anything more than downloading specific mission items, such as a bait station and a treestand within the given area for the mission. Maybe a flashlight, too, for those missions that could use a flashlight to help you spot that prolific man-eater that you have to remove.

Give me your opinion.
"Remember, it's not about the trophy kill, though it's nice to bag a big buck. But, it's those memories you recall later in life that make sub-zero temperatures, a blizzard, and howling wind all worth it." - My grandfather's last hunt.
DonderDeer
Outfitter

Re: Missions with New Style?

Post by DonderDeer »

Sounds like Dangerous Hunts.
homk
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Re: Missions with New Style?

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

I have to agree with DonderDeer. It makes the game way to predictable and unrealistic. I don't think that theHunter is a game that would benefit from having "boss" animals to fight.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda

Return to “Mission & Competition Suggestions”