Autofill Feeders

Violator31
Outfitter

Re: Autofill Feeders

Post by Violator31 »

caledonianblues wrote:
Thomsen707 wrote:A auto filler is neat idea but way to unrealistic and ruins the point of the feeders and getting a realism feel.
Perhaps, but I'm sure there are a significant number of people who stopped using feeders because the task of keeping them topped up is too time consuming. Some people have dozens of them, spread across multiple domains. That's a lot of effort to keep them topped up. Plus, let's not forget this is a game. A line has to be drawn otherwise the fun is compromised, and when a game stops being fun, people stop playing. Just my opinion.
I do like the idea of the "auto-fill" but if there is a price tag attached to it I will have to weigh my options. I don't keep mine filled. I will set one up every once in awhile, so dumping that additional fee into it wouldn't work for me.
I can see where someone running a bunch of them would want to just click a few times & be done with it, but it's rare that I would have 4 running at the same time.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

I agree, having the option to fill feeders from the launcher or the website for free would be great. However I think if this feature ever becomes a reality it will come at a price, and as long as it was a sensible price and not something ridiculous, I would be happy. I realise others may feel differently.
DarkLord
Scout

Post by DarkLord »

Maybe a better idea is to raise the amount of bait each feeder can hold to 100? 200? I don't think it would upset the game balance since the same rules apply, but we wouldn't have to fill them as often. It seems a faster and easier solution then reprograming the launcher.
Spoiler:
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

i think filling from the launcher is a fantastic idea. im all for realism but very few hunt to the feeder, fills it and hunts on.
in reality and for the majority of players who have very advanced setups on each reserve. its just running round multiple reserves with multiple feeders on them. and it cant take a few hours. and it has to be done every 3 or 4 days. its a chore allot could do without. this combined with the fact the feeders have been having issues lately is why mine have been empty for a few months.
mapache01
Outfitter

Post by mapache01 »

caledonianblues wrote:
Thomsen707 wrote:A auto filler is neat idea but way to unrealistic and ruins the point of the feeders and getting a realism feel.
Perhaps, but I'm sure there are a significant number of people who stopped using feeders because the task of keeping them topped up is too time consuming. Some people have dozens of them, spread across multiple domains. That's a lot of effort to keep them topped up. Plus, let's not forget this is a game. A line has to be drawn otherwise the fun is compromised, and when a game stops being fun, people stop playing. Just my opinion.
You got the nail!! I have 10 pig feeders and 11 barrels and only use 40% of them.

I currently use only 1 Barrel on Hemm, 2 on VdB and 1 on RF, Total using: 4 barrels out of 11
Pig Feeders: 2 at Hirschfelden, 1 at Loggers, 2 at RbY Total using: 5 out of 10

Reason time consuming filling them up and only have time to play at night mostly on weekends, this week I move my feeders on hirschfelden all 3 on line so i start on 1 walk almost straight line to 2n and then 3rd, results " both 3 reach 80-100% but only on 1 where always pigs, the rest EMPTY, what's happend?

So I think the bug of last year where barrels reach 100% but NOT A SINGLE Bear around come back and also infect the Pig Feeders.
Conch
Scout

Post by Conch »

I only have a few but find myself running them dry because I don't have the time to keep them topped up. It's almost turkey/bear season here and this game is going to be low on my priority list for the next couple months so an autofill feature would be great IMO!
"If you are not working to protect hunting, then you are working to destroy it" - Fred Bear

REAPNASTY
Hunter

Post by REAPNASTY »

Would be nice. I have a few feeders and they all run out about the same time and by the time I get done refilling them I have lost the urge to hunt.All the starting and running to fill then leaving and restarting on another map,takes me about a hour on average to get them all filled and then I hardly ever hunt them but my friends get to have that fun.
RogerYar
Tracker

Post by RogerYar »

It is uncomfortable only the first week until it reached 100%. Then I just go out hunting and fill them. Three days later, again it reaches the level of 100% and the cycle is repeated. And there is no need for these three days to go to the location just to fill the feeder.

Return to “Calls & Lure Suggestions”