Deer Feeders/ Salt Lick

james990
Outfitter

Deer Feeders/ Salt Lick

Post by james990 »

I am hoping for Feeders for deer to come in the future. There are 2 things which would be really good

Change "Hog Feeder" to "Feeder' With different bait types

Or make a new model marked "Deer Feeder"

They should add different types of baits for different deer e.g. "Large Deer Bait" (Moose, Elk, Red Deer, Reindeer)

And they should also add "All Deer Bait"

Would be really good to have deer feeders for hunting approaching your feeder seeing that monster stag/buck/bull would be awesome and good for driven hunts too and it would also would bring in good money for EW!

What do you guys think?
Last edited by james990 on March 14th, 2015, 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hunterPRO1
Outfitter

Re: Deer Feeders

Post by hunterPRO1 »

while feeders would make deer hunting much easier I have to say I would not like to see feeders in the Hunter the reasons why are:
1. feeders are illegal in many places for deer hunting irl
2.it would take away the thrill of seeing that big buck while feeders aren't garunteed have a huge buck on them it greatly increases the chance for it and eventually there will be a monster by the feeder all u have to do is let the attract get high and then start go to feeder look if theres a big buck shoot if not restart game what's the fun in that ?
yes feeders are legal in some places irl and actually it is legal where I live but it is very different in game than irl. irl deer move mostly at night and the older smarter bucks wont come around while it's still light out meaning you'll still have to use calling and other strategies to get that big buck but in-game there's animals just coming in to the feeder without giving it a second thought no matter what time or whether there's other animals around or not
so I just can't see deer feeders being something good for gameplay reasons
"you win some, you lose some, you wreck some."
Spoiler:
james990
Outfitter

Post by james990 »

hunterPRO1 wrote:while feeders would make deer hunting much easier I have to say I would not like to see feeders in the Hunter the reasons why are:
2.it would take away the thrill of seeing that big buck while feeders aren't garunteed have a huge buck on them it greatly increases the chance for it and eventually there will be a monster by the feeder all u have to do is let the attract get high and then start go to feeder look if theres a big buck shoot if not restart game what's the fun in that ?
yes feeders are legal in some places irl and actually it is legal where I live but it is very different in game than irl. irl deer move mostly at night and the older smarter bucks wont come around while it's still light out meaning you'll still have to use calling and other strategies to get that big buck but in-game there's animals just coming in to the feeder without giving it a second thought no matter what time or whether there's other animals around or not
There are Hog Feeders in game and you could say the same thing of taking the thrill from finding a big boar but and you would not have to buy one no one is forcing you. Yes i Know i hunt Sambar Deer IRL as well as deer like fallow, red and hog. But sambar are one of the most challenging deer in the whole world and like you said there most active in early morning and evenings when they can see and it is not very hot for them. But you can shoot a trophy sambar stag at anytime even in the hottest part of the day but maybe be different with whitetail. In Victoria the dense bush makes it very hard to see them from afar and somewhat 50% of the time you get within 40m without seeing them and you will either see it or it takes off and you may catch a glimpse or only hear it. We don't feeder hunt a lot in Australia and its not illegal its just there isn't anywhere you could buy one but that doesn't stop people making homemade ones and culling groups use them to cull deer as well and trophy stags have been taken many times. Bow hunting is prohibited in Germany and we can still use bows to hunt in Hirschfeldon which is based in Germany and even if feeder is illegal in some places its only a game and like the bow hunting in Germany can be allowed in EHR
hunterPRO1
Outfitter

Post by hunterPRO1 »

james990 wrote:
hunterPRO1 wrote:while feeders would make deer hunting much easier I have to say I would not like to see feeders in the Hunter the reasons why are:
There are Hog Feeders in game and you could say the same thing of taking the thrill from finding a big boar but and you would not have to buy one no one is forcing you. Yes i Know i hunt Sambar Deer IRL as well as deer like fallow, red and hog. But sambar are one of the most challenging deer in the whole world and like you said there most active in early morning and evenings when they can see and it is not very hot for them. But you can shoot a trophy sambar stag at anytime even in the hottest part of the day but maybe be different with whitetail. In Victoria the dense bush makes it very hard to see them from afar and somewhat 50% of the time you get within 40m without seeing them and you will either see it or it takes off and you may catch a glimpse or only hear it. We don't feeder hunt a lot in Australia and its not illegal its just there isn't anywhere you could buy one but that doesn't stop people making homemade ones and culling groups use them to cull deer as well and trophy stags have been taken many times. Bow hunting is prohibited in Germany and we can still use bows to hunt in Hirschfeldon which is based in Germany and even if feeder is illegal in some places its only a game and like the bow hunting in Germany can be allowed in EHR
but hogs are legal to be baited irl in many places because they are a problem that needs to be controlled and also u can use spotlights and traps for them which are again irl illegal for deer hunting. I honestly would like to see deer feeders in-game too but the way they work right now would just make it way to easy
"you win some, you lose some, you wreck some."
Spoiler:
Daugr
Scout

Post by Daugr »

Harmless weak whitetail deers, slaughtered like one of our bad ass razorbacks or wild boars?
It's fun to use the hog feeder to increase the amount of careless hog tanks in a special areas which become more "dangerous" that way (I preffer RRB for that).
But Deer Baits would just cause, that the top 100 leaderboard would be maxed out much more quickly and the most competitions would be absolutely unplayable for a the most people who cannot or don't want to pay high amounts of money to hold their feeders on a high attractivity.
So it would take more away from the game that deer feeder would give it. (That's just how I see it)

btw., bowhunting in Germany isn't absolutely prohibited in Germany but under very high restictions.
BigAl
Outfitter

Post by BigAl »

There has been many players ask for deer feeders and the answer always seems the same from the Dev's and it's No.
The deer hunting in this game is already so easy that we don't need feeders anyhow. The only challenge from hunting the deer in this game is hunting the top end bucks, and they need to stay as hard to find as they are right now. :D
BuckshotAl - Warden
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

BigAl wrote:There has been many players ask for deer feeders and the answer always seems the same from the Dev's and it's No.
The deer hunting in this game is already so easy that we don't need feeders anyhow. The only challenge from hunting the deer in this game is hunting the top end bucks, and they need to stay as hard to find as they are right now. :D
Exactly. ;)
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

I second BigAl - Deer are easy enough already. The biggest challenge is wading through all the doe that seem to be attracted to you like a magnet.
From a IRL point, and this varies with where we all come from, bears are generally hunted over a bait site. But deer, we can put feeders out, piles of apples or sugar beets and salt/mineral blocks but you are not allowed to maintain or hunt over them when season opens up. So personally wouldn't feel right, but that's an individual thing.
As for pigs- I don't believe in any rules, they must all die :lol:
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
james990
Outfitter

Re: Deer Feeders/Salt Lick

Post by james990 »

I like the idea from radamus about having salt blocks or piles of apples which could be an alternative. But what i'm getting about this leader board idea is that black bear, brown bear, feral hogs and wild boar leader boards are all corrupted? Because that's what it sounds like to me if your saying it would happen to deer.

I guess i have to agree with Daugr about the competitions though. But i don't even waste my time with them anymore because you need a 1/1000 buck to win nowadays, but you have to think of everyone i guess.

If you watch fape IRL hunting video with pratze he used a pile of apples lure his roebuck.

Well i guess if most of you think that its already to easy in game it is very much so.

Since i was deciding of putting a 3 or 4 for the comparison to real life for the survey but i chose 4 because i was trying to be nice lol. Since i do believe BR is extremely stereotypical and probably only is a 4/10 for outback realism. I do love the eastern side of the map probably my top 3 favorites but the west side drops my FPS so much for some reason. I just can't believe there are no Gum/Eucalyptus trees I've joined a lot of MP games (Aussie Servers) and the talk is where are the gum tees? Oh well guess they missed out the obvious.

Back to the deer i still think they should have some kind of baiting like a salt lick which you could leave there and would run out when it was all licked up over say 3 days.

Going to change topic to Deer Feeder/Salt lick because with your opinions i do agree with you but i think salt lick is a very good idea.

It would work similar to bait where you set it out and it comes on the map. And there could be attractiveness and it would climb to 100 depending on the area and maximum could be 3-5 deer of any types at 100 attractiveness (e.g 2 Whitetail does, 1 whitetail buck, 2 Elk cows - for say at south whitehart island)

Or there could be no attractiveness but a "Percentage left" option meaning that when salt lick is full at 100% capacity or in other words straight after you placed it and when you notice it starts to go down it means deer a feeding at it and when you go to check it out it is luck of the draw could be anywhere from 0 - 5 deer there which is a more realistic option.

But maybe it is best for the attractiveness option so if you do shoot on site it goes back down again like feeders do. But again there would be no more than 5 or 6 deer of any type and only 0-2 could be bucks.

I think this is a good idea now about the salt lick and they could be bought with EM and GM but cost more that bear and hog bait.

At least this way i does not give to much of an advantage over comps and leader boards as you could maybe only have 2 or 3 per map at one time. What do you guys think about this idea.

Return to “Calls & Lure Suggestions”