Reindeer vocal response caller

akammer823

Reindeer vocal response caller

Post by akammer823 »

When you hunt reindeer, as they roam it is hard to find them, I have found that the best way to find them is to listen for vocal calls. I think it would be nice if there was a call that promoted a vocal response, like the pheasant call or the turkey locator call. I think this would be very beneficial and should be considered to be implemented into the game.
josh1236

Re: Reindeer vocal response caller

Post by josh1236 »

yes I agree with this it is sometimes almost impossible to find them without vocal calls.
Lem
Scout

Post by Lem »

nah it would make them too samey wit the rest of the deer species. I prefer it when every species has its own hunting style and tactics.

the fact that they move fast and will leave a map if you take too long is what makes reindeer fun, different and interesting.
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Lem wrote:nah it would make them too samey wit the rest of the deer species. I prefer it when every species has its own hunting style and tactics.

the fact that they move fast and will leave a map if you take too long is what makes reindeer fun, different and interesting.
+1. Granted they are a bit difficult, but that's the allure of hunting them. Same with Ibex. If it came about as every single animal can be lured by caller or whatever, what would even be the point of playing? Would literally be the same exact way to hunt in different looking reserves.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

josh1236 wrote:yes I agree with this it is sometimes almost impossible to find them without vocal calls.
Maybe you are not in the right spots as they come through the map.
Try at the Big open ravine heads but not just going E to W, look for them N to S as well.
They always show up there. Sorry, but I won't give specifics, but it doesn't take long to find these spots.
The more you hunt them the more the routine of spotting them becomes if you always see them crossing an area and mentally mark those spots.
It's best if you see a herd going these routes, Because sometimes the loners wonder off these routes.
And if you spook a herd they may vary there normal routes.
Sitting tight after you find the spots and seeing Reindeer continuously coming through a general area produce a good days hunt.
Just rattle the Big boys in to you.
Patience is the key word, unless you like to still hunt through the areas, keep the wind to your face or crosswind.
Have a good 1.

Return to “Calls & Lure Suggestions”