Verbal Ability to Stop Animals

Hawkeye
Outfitter

Re: Verbal Ability to Stop Animals

Post by Hawkeye »

jeff1963 wrote:
You can call me whatever you want, it will simply be a stop button so people can take the easy shot, this is not real life, without the other real life factors in play, 1-2 seconds is forever. You're asking to take one specific real life hunting tactic (That I fully understand, thank you) and apply to game situations that would make it too easy. It would be nice if they could limit it to bow's that would much better.
Not sure why you're saying that's "what it will be", because that certainly isn't what I suggested. My suggestion was that the animal would be alerted to your presence. In such a situation, if you didn't already have your bow drawn & aimed fairly close to your intended shot, you wouldn't get it off before the animal fled.

Not sure limiting it to bows is at all relevant in the first place. If an animal is within range to hear the "stop" (likely under 20m), then what difference does it make if the animal is walking or stopped? Nobody is missing that shot.

I'd like to hear what other "real life factors" that are missing that makes this a game breaker for you.
Sqwee
Outfitter

Post by Sqwee »

I don't care what other people use it for. I'll use this feature exactly like we real hunters use IRL. Again, game balance is the stupidest concept in what's supposed to be a "realistic" game or sim. Focus on making the game realistic. This is a 100% realistic feature.

And still, as was recommended earlier, you can but a two second timer on it. If the deer hears it and stops, it goes on full alert for two seconds and then bolts. I don't see that being much easier...
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

Sqwee wrote:I don't care what other people use it for. I'll use this feature exactly like we real hunters use IRL. Again, game balance is the stupidest concept in what's supposed to be a "realistic" game or sim. Focus on making the game realistic. This is a 100% realistic feature.

And still, as was recommended earlier, you can but a two second timer on it. If the deer hears it and stops, it goes on full alert for two seconds and then bolts. I don't see that being much easier...
Great point. As far as realism is concerned, it is supposed to make the shot easier...that is the entire point of ethical hunting. Don't take a shot at a moving animal when you have the capability to stop it & make a proper high percentage shot. The mentality that we should make shots unnecessarily & unrealistically challenging has no place in a game that markets itself as realistic and ethical.
Luziano
Hunter

Post by Luziano »

Hawkeye wrote:Great point. As far as realism is concerned, it is supposed to make the shot easier...that is the entire point of ethical hunting. Don't take a shot at a moving animal when you have the capability to stop it & make a proper high percentage shot. The mentality that we should make shots unnecessarily & unrealistically challenging has no place in a game that markets itself as realistic and ethical.
Exactly! You sir said it.
Sqwee
Outfitter

Post by Sqwee »

There are a million videos of this tactic being used, because it's so common, but here is one that popped up on Facebook today. Pretty solid example. http://youtu.be/C8WbZMNhL8Q
Airgun37
Spotter

Post by Airgun37 »

I think this needs to be put in game. IRL I use a whistle that sounds like the current bird flushing whistle. I hunt with a rifle IRL so it would be just as useful for the rifle hunters as well as the bow hunters in the game.
Username in The Hunter: LHAM
Rares & Fur Variations; 11
Luziano
Hunter

Post by Luziano »

Still making unethical shots at moving animals :(
bowhunter93
Spotter

Post by bowhunter93 »

I agree, this is something that i would really like to see in the game, it would take it to a whole 'nother level of realism, I definitely use this tactic in RL too, took my first deer with a bow with it, and it was a nice clean shot. If it had kept moving i wouldn't have had a chance to get off an ethical shot.
hunterPRO1
Outfitter

Post by hunterPRO1 »

if I had a dollar for everytime ive thought we needed this in the game id have a lot of dollars
NO it will NOT make the game easier a 1-3 second window to take a shot is not going to make the game that much easier and I can imagine it would take some practice to use
Sqwee wrote: game balance is the stupidest concept in what's supposed to be a "realistic" game or sim. Focus on making the game realistic. This is a 100% realistic feature.
I 100% agree with you I say throw the game balance out the window and make the game realistic like advertised. I don't care about the game balance
in all honesty I think this is the best hunting game but not the most realistic
"you win some, you lose some, you wreck some."
Spoiler:
boydent
Spotter

Post by boydent »

I would love this in the game. I'm not a real life hunter but seen allot of bowhunting video's where they use this tacktic.
in my opinion it would give the game much more realism and i agree that it would not make the game more easy if you have just a small window before the animal bolds.

Return to “Calls & Lure Suggestions”