Roe Deer Caller

jaymes08
Scout

Roe Deer Caller

Post by jaymes08 »

Seriously? I'm the only one asking about the Roe Deer call??

It's such a let down when you hear a male Roe in the distance, try to call it with the pathetic Roe caller and the weakest little blip comes out.........then you do it again hoping this time it will "be the time" that it actually calls out,......nope, try again, and again, and again...oh sorry now your Roe has spooked, try again........why is the Roe caller such a pain in the butt? why can't it just make a consistently loud "bark" on the first call, like all the other callers???

I can't be the only one with this issue.
Knut
Outfitter

Re: Roe Deer Caller

Post by Knut »

Mine works like a charm.
Maybe you punched a hole into the rubber with something pointy in your pockets/backpack? ;)

No, seriously: I therefore think that belongs under the bug section and might depend on your sound system setup as well as on the game
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

I hear different sounds too, but I haven't seen any negative impact on calling the animal. They come runnin'.
JerseyD
Tracker

Post by JerseyD »

In my experience if you start call from waist level and move it upward as your holding it it will give you that louder sound your looking for. Not unlike the Turkey Box call which will speed up in tempo when you do the same. Not sure whether or not the animals care how it sounds however since they are AI after all. Hope this helps.
MrEnzO
Outfitter

Post by MrEnzO »

JerseyD wrote:In my experience if you start call from waist level and move it upward as your holding it it will give you that louder sound your looking for. Not unlike the Turkey Box call which will speed up in tempo when you do the same. Not sure whether or not the animals care how it sounds however since they are AI after all. Hope this helps.
What you hear in the game and what the animals in the game react to is two diffrent things. It's same thing with rifles and others stuff in the game, for example pheasant and Mallard react to the whistle, but no other animal do it. I have killed almost 2000 Roe deer in this game and I have never spooked one by overuse of the caller.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

The prey in the game do not Hear the sound of a whistle or call.
What you hear is a sound file for you alone, (or any other hunter within range)
Even If there was no sound, the caller would still work by placing the attraction point on the map.
When you press the mouse button an attraction point is placed on the map at the point you used the call. The animals AI is programmed to move the animal to that location. the degree of effect it will have is decided by the degree of A.I. the animal has.
Trophy size animals with higher A.I. react less readily than females and sub trophy sized males. The same applies with scents and bait stations.

So it doesn't matter what sound you hear, all that matters is the point at which you click the mouse button to activate the call.

However, in terms of our human expectations and reaction to those sound files, I must agree that some of them are just BlOODY AWFULL.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.

Return to “Calls & Lure Suggestions”