Redfeather Falls Diver Ducks

baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Redfeather Falls Diver Ducks

Post by baloo.the.dog »

I my self is an avid duck hunter, I love hunting the mallards in rougarou bayou but one thing that is missing, a place to hunt diver ducks. I have noticed that Redfeather Falls would be perfect for hunting these diver ducks. We would hunt them slightly the same as Rougarou but with twist, instead of using calls, we just use more decoys. The decoys of diver ducks will cost less ($em 50) but you will need like 80 decoys for a full spread. Diving ducks prefer deeper water than dabblers(mallards/gadwalls/blacks) and also prefer more open water. Divers feed more on crustaceans than dabblers also.
Here are the species:

1. Bufflehead- these are very common to inland bays and rivers of the west coast, these fly very fast and are very small. You will need 16 of these decoys to have full attraction for this species.
2.Barrows Goldeneye-these are very similar to buffleheads but are slightly larger and fly higher. this species is also only native to the west coast. 16 decoys to have full attraction of this species.
3. Greater Scaup- very large diver duck. flies at a medium speed but higher in the air. Most common diving duck.
-needs 24 of these to have full spread, acts the same as mallard decoys where they are 1/4 attraction for all other species.
4. Red-breasted merganser- a lot less wary than the others, flies high in the air and not as fast as the others. Attracted to other species of decoys equally, does not need its own decoys.
5. Canvasback- a duck that is highly prized for its size, these ducks are very large, fly high, and is the slowest of the above ducks.
Give us ptarmigans on Whiterime Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tide!!
Skorpiovenator

Re: Redfeather Falls Diver Ducks

Post by Skorpiovenator »

I think this is an nice idea, but the only obstacle I see is that people would complain about the noise that the ducks make. If EW found a way through this it would be pretty cool to hunt these ducks.
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

Just introduce the mute duck :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscovy_duck
Jaegerschnitzel1990
Spotter

Post by Jaegerschnitzel1990 »

I like the Idea over Diver Ducks in RFF...but I like the Idea of some real sea ducks (Goldeneye, Scoter, Oldsquaw, Eider, Harlequin) on Whiterime Ridge even more!
Dragon67
Spotter

Post by Dragon67 »

good idea +1
Dillakiller870
Spotter

Post by Dillakiller870 »

I would suggest the ducks instead of quacking (which they dont do real loud when flying anyways like in rougarou) they have more of a real muffled flapping sound only when right above you.
Dillakiller870
Spotter

Post by Dillakiller870 »

error above, the red breasted merganser is the fastest while canvasback is second in speed.
thehammer223
Tracker

Post by thehammer223 »

Skorpiovenator wrote:I think this is an nice idea, but the only obstacle I see is that people would complain about the noise that the ducks make. If EW found a way through this it would be pretty cool to hunt these ducks.
Or instead, the sound call that pops up on the hunter mate Id could just be the sound of a splash of water or something and there wouldn't be any calls. Similar to the Alpine Ibex sound of rocks falling. Another problem with Redfeather Falls would be water. There are more than enough places that can't be crossed making it hard to claim all of your ducks. Just thought I would put it out there.

[When in doubt, use a bigger caliber.]
[My TheHunter Classic name is "Cerebral_Stalker"]

Return to “Animal Suggestions”