Big animals?

HuntWithSamuel

Big animals?

Post by HuntWithSamuel »

Hello! Would it be a good idea to add big animals to theHunter classic, example Hippopotamus, or rhino. Type yes if you agree.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: Big animals?

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Actually we don't have any reserve where those would fit. We would need an African reserve (for the hippo and white rhino) or an Indian reserve (for the Indian rhino).
Image Image Image
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

What Matc wrote ^^

Also, isn’t the Water Buffalo big enough? :P

HuntWithSamuel

Post by HuntWithSamuel »

Maybe make a new reserve? (I know it would take alot of time, but can you maybe think about it?)
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

type '' no '' if you don't .
NO for me.

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

HuntWithSamuel wrote:Maybe make a new reserve? (I know it would take alot of time, but can you maybe think about it?)
Believe me, we've been talking about Africa in this forum for years. :) Type "Africa" into the search box and you'll see what I mean. ;)

We just got a new reserve and I guess it's going to take about a year (at least) before we get another one. It might be Africa, who knows...

Regarding big animals, I can see the fascination for those, but I in the game I'm not the biggest fan of them. They're just too easy to hunt. I've never felt the urge to hunt bison in the game if it wasn't for a mission or community competition for example. Their AI is way too simple too.
Image Image Image
DjHellHound

Post by DjHellHound »

If they were going to add an African map they will most likely add animals such as cape buffalo,wildebeast(aka blue gnu),impala,gazelle,zebra basically most of the herbivores that are present to Africa but their AI would need to be quite smart since Africa has pretty big wide open plains so that would make the animals way to easy to hunt plus I honestly doubt they will add elephants,rhinos,giraffes mainly due to the fact that one they are too big and for two would be way too easy to hunt same goes with lions,cheetahs and leopards if they were honestly going to make an African map they will most likely add animals that are not endangered since thehunter is known not to really add endangered species(only two they've ever added is polar bears and bantang) I guess I could see them adding the spotted hyena and other small carnivores but overall it would most likely feel empty without the apex predators and the bigger herbivores even though it sounds fun and interesting thatall be a no from me
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

A big yes for me.......... YES
When the time is right..... and the right reserve is made :D
But please,... no Hippo's or Blue Whales .......... :lol:
BuckWill
Spotter

Post by BuckWill »

kevin2106 wrote:What Matc wrote ^^

Also, isn’t the Water Buffalo big enough? :P

Nope we need some gaur

https://amedia.britannica.com/700x450/3 ... D5A082.jpg
BuckWill
Spotter

Post by BuckWill »

DjHellHound wrote:If they were going to add an African map they will most likely add animals such as cape buffalo,wildebeast(aka blue gnu),impala,gazelle,zebra basically most of the herbivores that are present to Africa but their AI would need to be quite smart since Africa has pretty big wide open plains so that would make the animals way to easy to hunt plus I honestly doubt they will add elephants,rhinos,giraffes mainly due to the fact that one they are too big and for two would be way too easy to hunt same goes with lions,cheetahs and leopards if they were honestly going to make an African map they will most likely add animals that are not endangered since thehunter is known not to really add endangered species(only two they've ever added is polar bears and bantang) I guess I could see them adding the spotted hyena and other small carnivores but overall it would most likely feel empty without the apex predators and the bigger herbivores even though it sounds fun and interesting thatall be a no from me

If they go Africa they need to add the Kudu and Oryx. Two of the prettiest and most difficult animals to hunt. With The Cape buffalo they could stay away from the 200 animal herds and go with the old bachelor groups or single bulls. Also Africa isn’t that wide open or easy to hunt, even the savanah is difficult with 12 foot tall grass and trees. Besides Africa has desert,swamp,river valleys,mountains,Forrest’s etc etc. the Terrain is as varied as its species of animals. People think an elephant hunt would be easy but I’ve read a lot on the subject and it’s one of the most grueling and dangerous hunts ( if hunted ethically) a person can do.

Return to “Animal Suggestions”