Problems With The New Sambar Deer

JJ74
Tracker

Problems With The New Sambar Deer

Post by JJ74 »

Firstly, I am an avid Sambar deer hunter myself IRL (hence the name), so seeing the animal finally make its way into the EHR despite being sadly disheartened they weren;t going to feature in the cool temperate mountain forests but the northern rain forests. Anyway after knowing the sport, a 30-06 cartridge is the most widely used for the deer in Australia, but many still use anything between .270 to .300wsm, however ingame I find it hard to even pierce both lungs with the .30-06 Stutzen beyond 50m, let alone .308 from the Anchutz rifle, so the health on the deer ingame is way to high. Also another thing that I quickly picked up on was the calling, these loud bongs made IRL are from alerted deer warning other deer in the area that there is danger, but also to warn off predators, staring them down while honking and foot stamping, which is mainly done by females and young males, never a smart old stag, yet in the game it is just a general call like a mule deer buck grunt, although I see that it may be a game balance issue as these deer are hard to locate amongst the thick jungle and even harder to track without calls to present a clean shot. Lastly it has to do with the antler models, I know it's hard to get everything 100% right as good reference photos are hard to find for the artists all the way over in Stockholm Sweden, but this is only a small issue that I don't expect to be fixed but the brow tines of the antlers, the ones being just above the eyes are waaaaaaay too small, and the T2 tines sticking out near the top of the antlers are waaaaaaay too fat, i'm unsure if the dimensions got mixed around in the TrueRacks system but they both seem to be out of proportion. And while we are on the topic of antlers, they also are angled up too straight, especially if you look at them from the side. Here is a picture of my largest Sambar to date which stayed on the leaderboard for less than 24 hours so you can reference. Image
And an IRL comparison similar in size
Aside from all that, good job from the devs, can't wait for what 2018 holds (hopefully that Australian cool temperate forest reserve)

Return to “Animal Suggestions”