Please something else than horns and antlers

Ringolf
Spotter

Re: Please something else than horns and antlers

Post by Ringolf »

Thanks for the information about the fox, I didn't realize that. Probably because I don't hunt them very much :)

But as you say, there are other animals as well which are hard to get excited about at a first glance.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Philips11 wrote:In the EHR there are too many antlers and horns, especialy in new reserve. I must say that i am very dissapointed, i hoped in something different, f.e. crocks, dingoes, koala bears, wombats, tasmanian devils (i know that they live only in Tasmania but the reserve is just inspired of Australia, it´s not Australia and it´s right that in last they live in continent, too). Instead of we will see next show of boring antlers and horns, it´s not my cup of tea. :|
Crocs have been wanted for awhile now, and I've always liked that idea of having them in Australia, but I had no problem with Water Buffalo either and now it is
coming. As far as Antlers and Horns, it always excites me to see a new model and different big game animals are what I look for on new maps that come out.
Grant it that I would like to see small game also but with the time it takes just to bring out a new model it just makes sense that 1 big game animal looks better on the
trophy wall vice 10 weasel critters IMO. In this game it's EW's decision what they put on the map no matter how much we plead for something.
Always remember that they do consider what we come up with if a majority is interested sometimes, but it never happens overnight or it might not happen at all.
Levado
Scout

Post by Levado »

Ringolf wrote:I could not tell the difference between a top score Fox and a low scoring one, which makes them all look the same if I don't see the numbers
They don't look the same, the highest scoring ones look much bigger, it's easy to tell when you've seen many of them. As a matter of fact, I was hunting European rabbits for days on Bushrangers Run and ignored all the red fox, but once I saw one that looked rather huge, I decided to go after it and it turned out to be a 34+.
Philips11 wrote:Instead of we will see next show of boring antlers and horns, it´s not my cup of tea.
Antlers are boring? It makes all the males look different and many get excited when they see a potential 400+ roosevelt elk hiding in the background. On the other hand, all kangaroos look the same, the best scoring ones are just bigger. I have a 90+ kangaroo in my lodge and most people don't even pay attention to it (including my other leaderboard animals like fox, ducks, rabbits, coyote, etc ), they're mostly interested in anything with horns and antlers and I can't really blame them.
Hunter Score 71k+ ● Playing Since 2009 ● Favorite Species: all deer

Return to “Animal Suggestions”