Rare Species

kevin2106
Hunter

Re: Rare Species

Post by kevin2106 »

stancomputerhunter wrote:These things are already in place. For example, I have been playing for close to 4 years, and have never seen a 200+ WT, a 1200 Wild Boar, a 28+ Brown Bear, a 250+ Roe Deer, a 23+ Black Bear, or a 230+ Moose, or a 90+ Red Kangaroo, or a 200+ Dall Sheep, or 9+ Bobcat or a 70+ Turkey. All pretty rare in my eyes.
Gotta point out Stan that some of those animals are not even close to rare. Yes the 200 WT, 230 Moose, 90 Roo, and 70 Turk are really rare. But for example the 250 roe is maybe 25% as rare as the 200 WT let's say as i've played for 4 years as well and have shot 2 250+ roes. And I've had tons of 23+ Black bears and 28+ Brown bears. Also some 1200 Boars and loads of 9+ Bobcats, even around 4-5 200+ dalls in 350 kills

andrefrcaetano

Post by andrefrcaetano »

kevin2106 wrote:
stancomputerhunter wrote:These things are already in place. For example, I have been playing for close to 4 years, and have never seen a 200+ WT, a 1200 Wild Boar, a 28+ Brown Bear, a 250+ Roe Deer, a 23+ Black Bear, or a 230+ Moose, or a 90+ Red Kangaroo, or a 200+ Dall Sheep, or 9+ Bobcat or a 70+ Turkey. All pretty rare in my eyes.
Gotta point out Stan that some of those animals are not even close to rare. Yes the 200 WT, 230 Moose, 90 Roo, and 70 Turk are really rare. But for example the 250 roe is maybe 25% as rare as the 200 WT let's say as i've played for 4 years as well and have shot 2 250+ roes. And I've had tons of 23+ Black bears and 28+ Brown bears. Also some 1200 Boars and loads of 9+ Bobcats, even around 4-5 200+ dalls in 350 kills
Of the ones mentioned, i've only got the 1200+ Wild Boar, 28+ Brown Bear, 250+ Roe Deer, 23+ Black Bear, 90+ Red Kangaroo and the 9000+ Bobcat.
Right now i've just been spamming the Whitetails, seeking for that 200+ giant.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

I was really hoping the bobcat would have been implemented that way.
Perhaps not to the point where no one would ever see them, but something like 1 in 50 hunts for the casual player, 1 in 10-20 hunts for the hardcore players.
IRL, I've been hunting for 40 years, and I've only seen a few of them in the woods. I think it would have been cool to reflect that, at least somewhat in-game.
They are sneaky, elusive critters. And, generally nocturnal. Which would have been another nice touch, only seeing them early in the morning, or right before dusk.

As it is now, I've had 5 of them in view at one time, in the middle of the day. And to me, that just feels.... wrong.

I think variety, even to this extreme would make this game better, not worse.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
andrefrcaetano

Post by andrefrcaetano »

Tod1d wrote:I was really hoping the bobcat would have been implemented that way.
Perhaps not to the point where no one would ever see them, but something like 1 in 50 hunts for the casual player, 1 in 10-20 hunts for the hardcore players.
IRL, I've been hunting for 40 years, and I've only seen a few of them in the woods. I think it would have been cool to reflect that, at least somewhat in-game.
They are sneaky, elusive critters. And, generally nocturnal. Which would have been another nice touch, only seeing them early in the morning, or right before dusk.

As it is now, I've had 5 of them in view at one time, in the middle of the day. And to me, that just feels.... wrong.

I think variety, even to this extreme would make this game better, not worse.
From what the devs said, the Bobcat would be a very hard animal to hunt, but thats not the case, really, i would even consider them one of the easiest to hunt, wich kinda ruined all of the expectations.
DjHellHound

Post by DjHellHound »

I vote no against this due to the fact that well for one its a waste of time and money just to implement this small little game detail and two if you wanted them to add a "rare" species I'd prefer hybrid animals(two species of the same animal living in the same map like blacktail and whitetail or mule and whitetail) also Turkey and Roosevelt as well as Mule cant cross there's a large gate in the way so if they wanted to swim they'd had to swim across I believe

Return to “Animal Suggestions”