Rare Species

andrefrcaetano

Rare Species

Post by andrefrcaetano »

I think it would be cool to have general animal species that would act like rare animals, but not really, if this makes sense.
Species that would roam in the reserves but in very small numbers, that are rarelly seen.
I think it would make hunting a lot more interesting.

Tell me what you think of this idea :)
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Re: Rare Species

Post by DYEUZ »

Hmmm, not quit sure what you want / mean , but rares are pretty small in numbers found already . NT and rares do not overpopulate a map , imo .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

andrefrcaetano

Post by andrefrcaetano »

DYEUZ wrote:Hmmm, not quit sure what you want / mean , but rares are pretty small in numbers found already . NT and rares do not overpopulate a map , imo .
I dont mean rare variations, i mean rare species, for example, they could add Mule Deer to Whitehart Island again, but in very small numbers (again, just a example).
I think this would increase the popularity of some reserves like Settler Creeks or Rougarou Bayou.
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

He’s askin for some “other” animals, like for example pronghorn in really small numbers on TgT where you’ll be lucky to see one.
I vote no, and have voted no every time something like this is brought up.
andrefrcaetano

Post by andrefrcaetano »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:He’s askin for some “other” animals, like for example pronghorn in really small numbers on TgT where you’ll be lucky to see one.
Exactly, but why?
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

andrefrcaetano wrote:
BucksNBuffalo wrote:He’s askin for some “other” animals, like for example pronghorn in really small numbers on TgT where you’ll be lucky to see one.
Exactly, but why?
Because, there is no point for EW to put in all the work, from animations to AI, for animals that will only appear randomly. It makes no sense from any point of view, and development time costs money. The rares we have now are perfectly fine, and are depictions of the real thing. The only real programming there is just a simple skin change, the animal acts the same as its common counterpart.
andrefrcaetano

Post by andrefrcaetano »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:
andrefrcaetano wrote:
Exactly, but why?
Because, there is no point for EW to put in all the work, from animations to AI, for animals that will only appear randomly. It makes no sense from any point of view, and development time costs money. The rares we have now are perfectly fine, and are depictions of the real thing. The only real programming there is just a simple skin change, the animal acts the same as its common counterpart.
Well, i still think it would be a nice addiction, and i also think that in the end all the work would pay off.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

I see now , thx for explaining . Not sure i would vote for that either .
Would feel awkward to see a Polar Bear in BRR , wouldn't it !? ;)

i also think that in the end all the work would pay off
Explain how ? pls .
tyvm
Last edited by DYEUZ on November 9th, 2017, 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

andrefrcaetano

Post by andrefrcaetano »

DYEUZ wrote:I see now , thx for explaining . Not sure i would vote for that either .
Would feel awkward to see a Polar Bear in BRR , wouldn't it !?

tyvm
Although that would be funny, the animals would be added with logic, based on IRL situations.
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

I would vote yes if it gets added with logic. Like for example a Turkey or Roosevelt Elk crossing the border from settlers to loggers, or the other way around with Mule deer for example. And maybe even see some ducks coming on a visit to the reserves close to RB.

Return to “Animal Suggestions”