Rare Species

andrefrcaetano

Re: Rare Species

Post by andrefrcaetano »

kevin2106 wrote:I would vote yes if it gets added with logic. Like for example a Turkey or Roosevelt Elk crossing the border from settlers to loggers, or the other way around with Mule deer for example. And maybe even see some ducks coming on a visit to the reserves close to RB.
I wasnt saying it like that but that would be cool too.
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

So what do you mean?

andrefrcaetano

Post by andrefrcaetano »

kevin2106 wrote:So what do you mean?
I meant adding a brand new species to a reserve, in very small numbers, but like BucksNBuffalo said, that would take a lot of effort for something to be rarely seen, so thats very unlikable to happen, would be nice though.
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

andrefrcaetano wrote:
I meant adding a brand new species to a reserve, in very small numbers, but like BucksNBuffalo said, that would take a lot of effort for something to be rarely seen, so thats very unlikable to happen, would be nice though.

Na that wouldn’t be something i would like. But i would love what i wrote to be implemented.

What do you guys think about that? Or maybe you don’t want that either

andrefrcaetano

Post by andrefrcaetano »

kevin2106 wrote:
andrefrcaetano wrote:

Na that wouldn’t be something i would like. But i would love what i wrote to be implemented.

What do you guys think about that? Or maybe you don’t want that either
I would definitely vote yes, but i dont think it would work with Settlers Creek and Loggers Point like you said, as they are separated by a fence, but that could be easly changed.
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

I think the issue would be selling a new species to the casual hunter that they're almost certainly never going to see. That's quite a hype-killer when you're trying to market a new species. I'd envision a future forum blow-up with comments like "thanks for nothing", or "waste of time", etc. If development resources were not finite, it would be different, but any time spent creating a species that very few people would actually see is time that could have been spent creating something often enjoyed by all.
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

Hawkeye wrote:I think the issue would be selling a new species to the casual hunter that they're almost certainly never going to see.
To clarify for everyone, he's saying EXISTING species, not new ones, if I understand right. I think it's a great idea and one I'd thought about in the past myself. Why do black bear STOP at the border to Logger's Point? Why do coyotes not travel off into Settler's? He means an occasional non-reserve animal--maybe one or two per map spawn set--that belongs to logical set of animals that might also turn up there rarely.

I think it'd add some fun, wouldn't be too hard to code in, and honestly would probably make some players who aren't members, want to be a member. Imagine if you never know if an animal you'll want to shoot will turn up in a reserve, and you don't have a license for that one? It'd make it feel a bit more realistic, too, imo. Plus the "oh NO" of realizing you're about to get charged by a brown bear on Whiteheart... :lol:
007aln
Spotter

Post by 007aln »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:
andrefrcaetano wrote:
BucksNBuffalo wrote:He’s askin for some “other” animals, like for example pronghorn in really small numbers on TgT where you’ll be lucky to see one.
I vote no, and have voted no every time something like this is brought up.
Exactly, but why?
Because, there is no point for EW to put in all the work, from animations to AI, for animals that will only appear randomly. It makes no sense from any point of view, and development time costs money. The rares we have now are perfectly fine, and are depictions of the real thing. The only real programming there is just a simple skin change, the animal acts the same as its common counterpart.
I agree with regards to adding new species. However, OP mentioned "rare" existing species, which would be very cool I think. Odd mule deer in Settler's, odd elk in Logger's, odd grizzly in RFF.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

These things are already in place. For example, I have been playing for close to 4 years, and have never seen a 200+ WT, a 1200 Wild Boar, a 28+ Brown Bear, a 250+ Roe Deer, a 23+ Black Bear, or a 230+ Moose, or a 90+ Red Kangaroo, or a 200+ Dall Sheep, or 9+ Bobcat or a 70+ Turkey. All pretty rare in my eyes.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
andrefrcaetano

Post by andrefrcaetano »

stancomputerhunter wrote:These things are already in place. For example, I have been playing for close to 4 years, and have never seen a 200+ WT, a 1200 Wild Boar, a 28+ Brown Bear, a 250+ Roe Deer, a 23+ Black Bear, or a 230+ Moose, or a 90+ Red Kangaroo, or a 200+ Dall Sheep, or 9+ Bobcat or a 70+ Turkey. All pretty rare in my eyes.
Thats not at all what i was saying.
You are talking about Trophy animals (wich some of those are hard to believe that you didnt got with that time of gameplay).
I was talking about rare animal species in some Reserves, for example, since they once had Mule Deer in Whitehart Island, they could add them again in there, just in small numbers.

Return to “Animal Suggestions”