Bears Fishing

Tagord

Bears Fishing

Post by Tagord »

I think it would be pretty awesome to see some of the grizzly / brown bears on the maps down on the river beds actually trying to catch food or something, would add a ton of aesthetic appeal to some of these maps like val-des-bois where you see tons of these bears on the river beds. Just my thought lmk what yall think.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Re: Bears Fishing

Post by DYEUZ »

Sure it would be cool to see that , but don't think it will ever happen .
It would take a complete re-coding of the bears , i think , and not worth it .

We have the wolves that plays together , that runs after Elk and the carcasses . We thought that was cool in the beginning . Now , we don't care that much about these actions / behaviors .
The Bobcats that jump around trying to catch a mouse , which is pretty cool , imo .
Ibex / BHS fighting is also cool to look at .

All these behaviors ( Wolves / Bobcats / horn guys ) were put in BEFORE the new animals were released . Much easier to implement .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Tagord

Post by Tagord »

Ah very good point, never really thought of it from a coding standpoint seeing as these animals already have their set behavious, on a side note i actually didnt even know that about the wolves thats pretty awesome need to go check that out.
DarkHunterXX
Scout

Post by DarkHunterXX »

I have heard this multiple times that code should be written again.
I'm not into programming games but why is it necessary to rewrite the code and not add code to it ? Should take less time to reprogram those bears :)
Photographer of the world, and playing this awesome game ;) :D Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJDOkC ... Gz49JctvnA
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

The code would not need to be written again from scratch, but the new behaviour would need to be coded, and animations would also need to be created. It's a fair bit of work and whilst it could be done, someone has to make a decision as to whether the input is worth the return. It would make for a very immersive experience and would arguably make the game better, but it wouldn't necessarily translate into revenue for the company.

So much could be done with many of the animals but development costs are expensive.
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

yeah, you wouldn't want the bears pulling fish out of the side of a cliff, would you ?...... :D but, it would be funny, huh........................ :lol: :lol:
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

Tagord

Post by Tagord »

Have to agree that would be pretty hilarious outrider, and i guess from a marketing stand point it does make alot more sense to put revenue into new ideas / concepts rather than touch / adding un needed things to old. Would still be cool to see tho
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

Tagord wrote:Have to agree that would be pretty hilarious outrider, and i guess from a marketing stand point it does make alot more sense to put revenue into new ideas / concepts rather than touch / adding un needed things to old. Would still be cool to see tho

:lol: :lol: :lol: , they've got marketing down to a "T",.........................they charge for everything :o .................. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

World of Warcraft implemented this a few years back, funnily enough. Bear can be seen in several places fishing up trout, and carrying them off to eat. It's really neat to see. Honestly, I wouldn't mind if all development on this game -stopped- for awhile while animations, models and behaviors were added to and tweaked. Immersion's the most important thing for me in these games. The "wandering about doing nothing really" of the animals has always gotten to me a bit.
Tagord

Post by Tagord »

TheSheWolf wrote:World of Warcraft implemented this a few years back, funnily enough. Bear can be seen in several places fishing up trout, and carrying them off to eat. It's really neat to see. Honestly, I wouldn't mind if all development on this game -stopped- for awhile while animations, models and behaviors were added to and tweaked. Immersion's the most important thing for me in these games. The "wandering about doing nothing really" of the animals has always gotten to me a bit.
Totally agree, immersion would make the game far more fun in the long run i feel, especially if we are talking buck fights / other crazy things like that but its ALOT of work id imagine to go through and make all these interactions, but 1 small change at a time and eventually the game could be there :). ( on a side note how did you put your signature like that? im seeing it everywhere and i cant seem to find how. )

Return to “Animal Suggestions”