Mountain Lion. ( To Timbergold / RFF ? )

butter8808
Hunter

Re: Mountain Lion. ( To Timbergold / RFF ? )

Post by butter8808 »

I think that if the team implemented spawnable trees, kind of like the European rabbit warrens but with an attraction level that increases depending on the stress of the cat. If they did this they could make the animals climb while being pursued.
DjHellHound

Post by DjHellHound »

Mountain lion would be great for timber gold trails to me personally it's kinda bland up there mainly in the mountain parts though I cannot see them attacking the player when they first see them in my own opinion I want them to attack like bears(as in if the player gets in a certain few meters or if the animal is injured or cornered) and I can see scent hounds tracking them(not as in chasing them miles and targeting them into trees) but I can see the scent hound making some sort of aggressive warning growl or bark to say a mountain lion is around also I feel like we should see them climb trees and such(though due to the engine and the limitations probably not gonna happen unless they change/update their engine for the game to expand on limitations) and for caller it could be a electronic caller but I can more or less see the caller being hand called and for the caller I'm thinking about a distress elk call(that can attract wolves and the mountain lion) or a distress bighorn call also if they are going to do this and there was going to be some sort of attraction item I would be thinking something like catnip,mountain lion urine(though probably not) or some sort of slab of meat though this is what I think wanna hear your guy's opinions on this
Tagord

Post by Tagord »

DjHellHound wrote:Mountain lion would be great for timber gold trails to me personally it's kinda bland up there mainly in the mountain parts though I cannot see them attacking the player when they first see them in my own opinion I want them to attack like bears(as in if the player gets in a certain few meters or if the animal is injured or cornered) and I can see scent hounds tracking them(not as in chasing them miles and targeting them into trees) but I can see the scent hound making some sort of aggressive warning growl or bark to say a mountain lion is around also I feel like we should see them climb trees and such(though due to the engine and the limitations probably not gonna happen unless they change/update their engine for the game to expand on limitations) and for caller it could be a electronic caller but I can more or less see the caller being hand called and for the caller I'm thinking about a distress elk call(that can attract wolves and the mountain lion) or a distress bighorn call also if they are going to do this and there was going to be some sort of attraction item I would be thinking something like catnip,mountain lion urine(though probably not) or some sort of slab of meat though this is what I think wanna hear your guy's opinions on this
Some interesting ideas, i love the idea of the scent hound thing, even if they added a new feature where you could send your scent hound after the mnt. lion tracks would be pretty interesting. (i mean i have a Tracking chip or w/e for my scent hound and have hardly ever seen a point where its useful.. )
butter8808 wrote:I think that if the team implemented spawnable trees, kind of like the European rabbit warrens but with an attraction level that increases depending on the stress of the cat. If they did this they could make the animals climb while being pursued.
Spawnable trees would be interesting but i could see it being complex to make. BUT i love this concept think it could be cool.
baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Post by baloo.the.dog »

Horrible idea since you can't stalk hunt them, unless they gave us hounds to tree them, hunting would just be too unrealistic. Nobody hunts these by sitting in blinds/stands.
Give us ptarmigans on Whiterime Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tide!!
butch

Post by butch »

I would love mountain lion, especially if they hunted the bighorn sheep. Maybe not taking them down, but definately stalking them.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

i originally thought this is what the cat would be next.a danger element would be nice and new for theHunter. something that could possible hunt you ! im not on about making it a cabelas style attack hunt you but tastefully done it would be something new.

also like the bobcats or even rarer just add a few so its a rare occurrence. a couple a map. would be one of my fav animals instantly hopefully it happens at some point. ;)
007aln
Spotter

Post by 007aln »

Tagord wrote:4. RFF isnt far fetched either, Mountain lions have been known to live in areas along side black bears and moose aswell as the others stated above so both maps could easily implement this. ( prob better on RFF tbh its kinda in need of another animal imo )
Here, a perfect place to insert my RFF rant. RFF is supposed to be based on SW BC (obviously coastal). Big game animals in coastal SW BC are: blacktail deer, mountain goat, Roosevelt elk, black bear, grey wolf and cougar (mountain lion). We get blacktail deer, black bears and cougars in suburbs 15 minutes north of Vancouver. We also have bobcat, coyote, snowshoe hare and various species of grouse and ptarmigan and an array of other small furry critters. Whitetail and moose are very rare (basically nonexistent in coastal areas), and there is no season for them. There is the occasional grizzly bear.

What I'm getting at is that cougars absolutely belong in RFF (but moose and whitetail do not!). I would be happy if they redesigned it with species appropriate for SW BC, including an alpine area for mountain goats. It's slightly frustrating that all the other maps are stocked with appropriate species, but coastal SW BC has moose and wt! Oh well... I still like the map.

Re: cougars and trees... while it might be cool to hunt them with dogs, it isn't necessary (people do call them in) and would be too hard to implement. There's the tree issue, the issue of needing multiple dogs, what happens when you hit render limit, etc. The novelty of running around the map chasing your dog and then shooting the stationary cat might wear off too.

Here's are real videos of calling in cougars:

https://youtu.be/Xrzbqiurbus?t=1m21s

https://youtu.be/MenS1me_sJU?t=5m40s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeWM1eiWil4 (just calling, no hunting, but the cougar comes in close!)

And here is a spot and stalk cougar bow hunt (no joke):

https://youtu.be/xeck6Xa3Lpo?t=1m2s

isn't that cool enough?

And unless you're chasing them with dogs, I'm not sure you'd see one up a tree. They aren't leopards!
butch

Post by butch »

baloo.the.dog wrote:Horrible idea since you can't stalk hunt them, unless they gave us hounds to tree them, hunting would just be too unrealistic. Nobody hunts these by sitting in blinds/stands.

Your just a bucket of joy when it comes to suggestions. My granddaddy hunted lions for a living for game and fish and he never owned a lion dog, either called them in using a rabbit in distress caller or stalked them.
baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Post by baloo.the.dog »

We could also make something useful out of our scent hounds...... :?: ;)
Give us ptarmigans on Whiterime Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tide!!

Return to “Animal Suggestions”