Other breeds of Turkey

HRMarvin
Spotter

Re: Other breeds of Turkey

Post by HRMarvin »

xOEDragonx wrote:I'm very much of the opinion that our existing turkeys in the game need some love before other subspecies (not breeds) are considered. That said, remodeling our existing turkey would be a perfect excuse for EW to toss in a new type or two since they would simply be a re-color of the base model.

As mentioned, the specific ones you've listed are all domestic breeds. I'd be especially upset to see my royal palm loves make it into the game so let's aspire to include wild turkey subspecies if anything. The current model is likely inspired by the the eastern subspecies (based on appearance only, although they are found in northwestern US state inspired maps, they don't possess the charateristic white details of the Merriam's turkey found there in real life), so we could hope for them to also include Rio grande, Merriam's or Osceola. If they want to get real creative, ocellated turkeys are hunted as well, but we don't exactly have an appropriate map for them.
Sorry buddy I don't agree
a remodel wouldn't look good and better
:- White-tailed Ptarmigan, had not been remodel just color changed
:- Willow Ptarmigan , not been remodel just color changed
:- Rock Ptarmigan, not been remodel just color changed
I.M.H.O. (in my honest opinion)

I know Turkey are ppl's hate but let's have one more a bit bigger One :)

Marvin.
Spoiler:
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

The difference with the ptarmigan model is that it's fairly new. The turkey model was made years ago, and is arguably far lower in terms of quality than the more recent models that have been added to the game in recent years. So, the desire for a new turkey model is not an opposition to reskins, but a wish for a better base model for the turkey before variants or subspecies are added. At least for me anyway. I would not be in favour of reskinning the existing turkey model and I can't imagine any of the artists enjoying working on something like that either.
Prinz1989
Hunter

Post by Prinz1989 »

caledonianblues wrote:The difference with the ptarmigan model is that it's fairly new. The turkey model was made years ago, and is arguably far lower in terms of quality than the more recent models that have been added to the game in recent years. So, the desire for a new turkey model is not an opposition to reskins, but a wish for a better base model for the turkey before variants or subspecies are added. At least for me anyway. I would not be in favour of reskinning the existing turkey model and I can't imagine any of the artists enjoying working on something like that either.
I hope you can convince Alena to greenlight a new turkey model. However she seems to have nostalgic feelings for the current one. ;)
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

HRMarvin wrote: Sorry buddy I don't agree

Marvin.
Are you saying the turkey in this game doesn't need a remodel at all? Because if so, I am in complete disagreement with you. It is one of the oldest models in the the game (probably 7-8 years old though a veteran would need to confirm it's exact age, and you're comparing it to ptarmigans that were released just over a year or so ago I believe). They are blocky, clunky, downright creepy looking models that aren't nearly as realistic looking as the newest animals being released in the game (let's be fair, technology has come a LONG way since they were designed). As someone who is so obsessed with turkeys in real life that I come home to a flock of turkeys every day and spend a good bit of time in the yard with them, I am very disappointed with the current model and can't wait to see it improved upon.

My overall point was that the turkey model in this game is so old and outdated that no amount of reskinning (recoloring) is going to make it look any less clunky or in any way more visually appealing. To just reskin would be pointless, but a complete remodel would be the perfect excuse for EW to toss in some new skins for it since there are many beautiful subspecies of wild turkey.
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

Indeed, I kinda avoid hunting them because of how creepy they look, lol. A lot of the models could use reworking, but the blockiness of the turkey definitely stands out in that regard.
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

TheSheWolf wrote:I kinda avoid hunting them because of how creepy they look, lol.
This. I live for turkey season in real life. See my avatar. But when I'm sitting in my treestand in-game and I look down and see this staring back at me...

That's about where my hunt ends. I don't like things that look like they're staring into my soul. Pixelated turkeys included.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

xOEDragonx wrote:
TheSheWolf wrote:I kinda avoid hunting them because of how creepy they look, lol.
This. I live for turkey season in real life. See my avatar. But when I'm sitting in my treestand in-game and I look down and see this staring back at me...

That's about where my hunt ends. I don't like things that look like they're staring into my soul. Pixelated turkeys included.

Hahahaha!!!
HRMarvin
Spotter

Post by HRMarvin »

xOEDragonx wrote:
HRMarvin wrote: Sorry buddy I don't agree

Marvin.
Are you saying the turkey in this game doesn't need a remodel at all? Because if so, I am in complete disagreement with you. It is one of the oldest models in the the game (probably 7-8 years old though a veteran would need to confirm it's exact age, and you're comparing it to ptarmigans that were released just over a year or so ago I believe). They are blocky, clunky, downright creepy looking models that aren't nearly as realistic looking as the newest animals being released in the game (let's be fair, technology has come a LONG way since they were designed). As someone who is so obsessed with turkeys in real life that I come home to a flock of turkeys every day and spend a good bit of time in the yard with them, I am very disappointed with the current model and can't wait to see it improved upon.

My overall point was that the turkey model in this game is so old and outdated that no amount of reskinning (recoloring) is going to make it look any less clunky or in any way more visually appealing. To just reskin would be pointless, but a complete remodel would be the perfect excuse for EW to toss in some new skins for it since there are many beautiful subspecies of wild turkey.
No Sir! what I saying Is yes the Turkey need a Remodel 4 sure But if they do put other Turkey's in the Game which Is very unlikely the One's we have need a overall too
This Is the One's I would like to be In game

Spoiler:
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

HRMarvin wrote: No Sir! what I saying Is yes the Turkey need a Remodel 4 sure But if they do put other in the Game which Is very unlikely the One's we have need a overall too
This Is the One's I would like to be In game

While I obviously can't speak for EW, I'm about 100% certain they would not put other turkeys in the game without updating the original model. The reason I say this is that, physically, almost all subspecies of wild turkey are exactly the same. The biggest difference (aside from what can be seen at the cellular level, which is irrelevant to a hunting game) is merely coloration. Aside from that, their physiology is near identical. They're all roughly the same size and weight at maturity and their beard lengths are all variable depending on age and body condiion. So there is no reason for more than a single model. A single model with multiple skins would be ideal.

Take the ptarmigan in-game as an example for comparison. All ptarmigan are incredibly similar and even though they may have size differences, the differences are so small that there is no reason to create a unique model for each one. So, they created one really nice ptarmigan model and gave it three different skins, one for each of the species to be represented in the game. This is how I imagine turkey subspecies would be done, if they were ever to be included.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, look at our two elk subspecies, roosevelt and rocky mountain. They each have their own model. That is because real roosevelt and rocky mountain elk are noticeably different from each other in ways other than just color. Roosevelt elk are larger animals with smaller antlers, while rocky mountain elk are smaller animals with larger antlers. And this difference is reflected in the two different models.
Redmaster
Scout

Post by Redmaster »

Now if only they split the moose...

Return to “Animal Suggestions”