Hunting Bighorn Sheep in Timbergold Trails ...

TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Hunting Bighorn Sheep in Timbergold Trails ...

Post by TreeKiwi »

DYEUZ wrote:CONS
- Difficult terrain to walk and worst to crouch .
- You need to have lots of time on your hands to hunt them i find . Tracking one is slow and long .
- You get stuck often on even the smallest rocks and there are lots of them !
- BhS can be found mostly in the wooded area , which makes them hard to see / track / find.
- The area where they roam / live , is way to big for the quantity of sheep we can find. If i compare to the area where the Elks and Muleys are found , that ratio is far bigger , imo.
- They spook really easy ,so crouching, doesn't even do the job of sneaking up on them .
- TgT is top 3 for me in terms of raining frequency . I hate rain .
- Seeing way to many solo sheep / loners .
- A single audio clue ( fighting ) is not enough. Must have another sound to add for sure .
\

-You have to agree now that these original points are not correct now.
-You shot 24 sheep in 4 hours last night. Its hard to shoot 24 of any one species with 4 legs in this game.
-You don't need to track them, listen for the shingle sounds... kinda sounds like ptarmigan sometimes.
-They are all over the hill, including the open hills and cliff faces.
-24 sheep in 4 hours is 6 an hour... I think there is enough ;)
-There are lots of audio clues with the shingle sounds of them running away.

TK
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

I still think that these original points are correct, for me .Not because i got 24 BhS in 4½ hrs , that i think differently now . I just went all in for one time to check out stuff , and check out what the result could be .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

I was able to hunt for a while last night. I used the "don't be sneaky" approach. It seems to work. Before I would hear them walking or catch a glimpse of them moving and crouch down to sneak in closer. Last night I just kept walking towards them, when I got to the tracks I followed them to a hill & most of the time I would get a better chance to shoot them on the other side of the hill. Sometimes I would get another look at them as they were going over the next hill.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Violator31 wrote:I was able to hunt for a while last night. I used the "don't be sneaky" approach. It seems to work. Before I would hear them walking or catch a glimpse of them moving and crouch down to sneak in closer. Last night I just kept walking towards them, when I got to the tracks I followed them to a hill & most of the time I would get a better chance to shoot them on the other side of the hill. Sometimes I would get another look at them as they were going over the next hill.
Yup you got it!! Most of the time they have settled down just over the next ridge... or if they are fleeing up the next ridge they stop before they top and give you a nice shot :)

I agree the terrain is challenging.. though hill top terrain is tough in real life. But the only suggestions I think I would like is that the noise of the rain and wind gets turned down a little. There is just no point hunting when the rain comes, I go put the jug on.

Could you hear their foot prints mate? I can find them all over now. Just head towards the noise and they are there!!! I'm not talking about the in close 'clip clop' noise. Its them running on stones in the distance. Once you get the ear for it... they are dead.

Easy species to hunt... slightly challenging conditions.
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

OK, I didn't actually hear it, but the huntermate lit up for an audio clue & it showed as a Bighorn clue. I waited too long to get a screenshot of it.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

Signature Stats
Spoiler:
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

What the hell? Did you hear anything this time Violator, or did the HM just beep and you clicked on it? I've never had an audio clue from a Bighorn, ever.
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

JimboCrow wrote:What the hell? Did you hear anything this time Violator, or did the HM just beep and you clicked on it? I've never had an audio clue from a Bighorn, ever.
Didn't hear a thing & I'm using the headphones for the 1st time since last weekend. I do have the TV turned up a little too loud but I am hearing them walking. And the noise checked out to be only about 50-100 meters away.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Hahaha nice!!!! Can you hear that shingle thing I was talking about mate?? I never got any audio clues from them before that actually showed up on the hunter mate!
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

I hear a LOT of walking when I get close to them. They sure do a lot of milling around. Circles & roaming back to the same spot after disappearing for a minute of so. I hear them running off in the distance, but I've heard that since day one. The audio clue -- I never actually heard anything, I noticed the HM signal I checked it out.Tomorrow afternoon/evening I will get back into it.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:

Return to “Animal Suggestions”