Why do we still not have a cat?

Hawkeye
Outfitter

Re: Why do we still not have a cat?

Post by Hawkeye »

If your goal is to convince EW to introduce a cat into the game, requesting a tiger into a North American Louisiana-based reserve is not advancing your cause. The suggestion of cats that make sense (mountain lion, lynx, bobcat, etc) already have many discussions, and I'd encourage you to use the search function & read up on them. They have also been asked/answered in developer AMA's, and have recently been discussed by Alena. The hangup is that these cats generally all use the terrain objects, such as trees & rocks, in some meaningful ways, yet the current engine doesn't support that kind of interaction.

As for the tiger, come on now...just because LSU uses them as a mascot doesn't mean they exist in the bayou. Not anymore than Razorbacks exist in Arkansas, or Elephants in Alabama.
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

you see, the Devs don't think we are mature enough for cats :( ........you know how moody cats can get .. :lol: ......but, it would be nice to see mountain lions on RFF :o .....,along with Buffalo in the more opened areas... :D
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

That would be great to have Tigers in RB,..
also along with Asian Water Buffalo, Saltwater Crocs, and Cobra's.
and throw in some Indian Swamp Deer just to keep it real.......... :D
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

well, then we wait for these two cats ML and Lynx , no tiger it's your loss :mrgreen:
Last edited by 1Al on May 30th, 2017, 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

outrider wrote:but, it would be nice to see mountain lions on RFF
ML would look better in TT
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

1Al wrote:
outrider wrote:but, it would be nice to see mountain lions on RFF
ML would look better in TT
no,...it would be better in RFF....... :D
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

I don't see the problem with Mountain Lions, Lynx, and Bobcats in the game,
I've seen most of the other animals climb over big boulders, so that would fit in ok with a mountain lion I think IMO.
They don't have to climb trees, so I don't see the big deal why they don't make them.
Maybe they will since they've made almost everything else,.. maybe they could eat up some of the Deer, Goats, Ptarmigans and Rabbits....... :lol:
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

Since Rougarou is based on Louisiana and I am from Louisiana, I can 100% say without a doubt that there are indeed tigers in Louisiana. They are known as the LSU fighting tigers, and they are the most fierce tigers in the world that you will ever see. However, for completeness, there are only two cat species, the bobcat and the Florida panther (subspecies of mountain lion), found in Louisiana that you can include in RB. To give RB some new life that aren't additional ducks, RB can additionally support existing species of cottaintail rabbit, turkey, coyote, and red fox, or if you want to introduce a couple new species based on existing species' models, it can include the swamp hare (aka swamp rabbit/marsh rabbit modeled after arctic hare) and gray fox (modeled after red fox). However, to make RB the best reserve in the game, introduce the alligator. The AI needs to be something similar to the polar bear in terms it will either flee or attack, and it can borrow some AI from the ducks in terms of how the ducks are restricted to water but allow it to rest on the small land masses in the water found throughout RB.
Last edited by JamboWhoDat on June 4th, 2017, 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

Hawkeye wrote:Not anymore than Razorbacks exist in Arkansas
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't feral hogs called razorbacks in Arkansas? In real life the feral hogs I've come across in Louisiana resemble more like the wild boar in the game than the in game feral hog, and I will assume the same is true in Arkansas.
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

JamboWhoDat wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:Not anymore than Razorbacks exist in Arkansas
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't feral hogs called razorbacks in Arkansas? In real life the feral hogs I've come across in Louisiana resemble more like the wild boar in the game than the in game feral hog, and I will assume the same is true in Arkansas.
They aren't true "razorback hogs" anymore. They've been interbred with feral hogs for over a hundred years, and no longer resemble a true razorback. I'm in NW Arkansas, and the feral hogs up here look just like the ones you'd find in-game. Down south in the swamp, you might find some that look more like a Russian boar, which is where our mascot was captured. The team mascot used to be the Cardinals, but after playing LSU in 1910, some coach said they played like a "wild band of Razorback hogs", and the mascot name was changed.

Return to “Animal Suggestions”