Prairie Hunting for fast paced shooting

pirahna590
Hunter

Prairie Hunting for fast paced shooting

Post by pirahna590 »

I've been playing this game for years, with a few breaks in between ... the ONE variable thats missing, for me anyways, is the ability to do something a little more fast paced then sit an wait, calling an spotting, just waiting for a good animal to take. I know its been said before by others, including myself ... but we really DO need Prairie Dog hunting over prairies. It wouldnt just be Prairie Dogs though, Prairie Dogs, Rabbit, Badger ... an yes even Rattlesnakes, which would be awesome in BRR ... are all great game to do some fast paced, long range shooting for. While I do love to stalk, or even ambush hunting, we're lucky to squeeze off a box of rounds during a typical hunt ... I'd love to be able to just sit back an go through 50+ rounds in say an hour or so :), an the .223 would be PERFECT for this. This would give us more of a reason to go an purchase the extra ammunition, that quite honestly, Ive never purchased as theres no need for the extra ammo with the style of hunting being done now.
gas56
Outfitter

Re: Prairie Hunting for fast paced shooting

Post by gas56 »

pirahna590 wrote:I've been playing this game for years, with a few breaks in between ... the ONE variable thats missing, for me anyways, is the ability to do something a little more fast paced then sit an wait, calling an spotting, just waiting for a good animal to take. I know its been said before by others, including myself ... but we really DO need Prairie Dog hunting over prairies. It wouldnt just be Prairie Dogs though, Prairie Dogs, Rabbit, Badger ... an yes even Rattlesnakes, which would be awesome in BRR ... are all great game to do some fast paced, long range shooting for. While I do love to stalk, or even ambush hunting, we're lucky to squeeze off a box of rounds during a typical hunt ... I'd love to be able to just sit back an go through 50+ rounds in say an hour or so :), an the .223 would be PERFECT for this. This would give us more of a reason to go an purchase the extra ammunition, that quite honestly, Ive never purchased as theres no need for the extra ammo with the style of hunting being done now.
Actually, you probably came up with a better idea than the way that you're really thinking of how it would work.
And the first thing that came to my mind while reading this was theHunter Arcade shooter map.
I know this sounds crazy but if you think about it how many game players in the world really would like doing this?
A ton in reality. Look at the other hunting arcade games.
It could be like a shooting gallery but actually done in the outdoors,.. just like the hunter scenes.
Couldn't you imagine how many people out there would try to get high scores?
Then players trying to break those high scores?
And the different type of Arcades?
You're sitting on a stand in a Loggers Point look alike Arcade called Coyotes,
you see a coyote trotting from the right to the left around 100 meters away and you shoot at it, if you miss or nick it begins running to the left until out of range,
If you hit it and it dies before out of range you score 100 points.
If you just hit it and it runs off you get 10 points for hitting it.
The further the animal comes across the Arcade field the more points it would be worth.
At 200 yards out maybe 200 points.
This could really sharpen up your shooting skills for theHunter, but no animals or photos would be kept, just points for shooting at the different Arcades.
Imagine the different Arcade types for animals & map scenes from theHunter that would all be on one theHunter Arcade map.
Coyote Arcade
WT Deer Arcade
Kangaroo Arcade
Wild Boar Arcade
Roe Deer Arcade
Animals that can run fast would work best.
Larger animals like Elk, Moose & Buffalo & Bears might work if the scenes had some trees and uneven ground.

Well what do you think?
I think I need a beer.............. :lol:

P.S...............and Prairie hunting is a great idea, it would be nice to have fast paced hunting once and awhile when you get tired of a doldrums hunting day.
Have a good 1......................GAS
Buckkiller4
Hunter

Post by Buckkiller4 »

I like this idea, but how hard would it be to implement it?
baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Post by baloo.the.dog »

Loggers point is prairie,go shoot you a bunch of pheasants with the .22 on the ground if you want easy, or even rabbits
Give us ptarmigans on Whiterime Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tide!!
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

baloo.the.dog wrote:Loggers point is prairie,go shoot you a bunch of pheasants with the .22 on the ground if you want easy, or even rabbits
I don't see anywhere mentioning it being easy?
Just fast paced for a different style.
Anyone can plink off sitting ducks, and I don't think that this was about that IMO.
baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Post by baloo.the.dog »

gas56 wrote:
baloo.the.dog wrote:Loggers point is prairie,go shoot you a bunch of pheasants with the .22 on the ground if you want easy, or even rabbits
I don't see anywhere mentioning it being easy?
Just fast paced for a different style.
Anyone can plink off sitting ducks, and I don't think that this was about that IMO.
oh ok! :?

Roll Tide!!
pirahna590
Hunter

Post by pirahna590 »

Ive done this quite a lot actually, sniping off pheasants an goose from hilltops with the .22 plinkington w 50mm scope ... but it doesnt even come close to prairie dog hunting since with the birds, once you picked em off, you move to find the next ones in the next field. With prairie dog hunting, it would be more of a whack-a-mole an just sit back an wait for new ones to pop their heads out of the Burroughs
baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Post by baloo.the.dog »

pirahna590 wrote:
Ive done this quite a lot actually, sniping off pheasants an goose from hilltops with the .22 plinkington w 50mm scope ... but it doesnt even come close to prairie dog hunting since with the birds, once you picked em off, you move to find the next ones in the next field. With prairie dog hunting, it would be more of a whack-a-mole an just sit back an wait for new ones to pop their heads out of the Burroughs

euro rabbits are as close to prairie dog hunting as it gets

Roll Tide!!

Return to “Animal Suggestions”