Beaver

Marko391

Beaver

Post by Marko391 »

What do you say should be the beaver? I think that they could become the hunted rougarou bayou, timbergold trails, settler creeks and redfeather falls which is rich in water.
gas56
Outfitter

Re: Beaver

Post by gas56 »

Marko391 wrote:What do you say should be the beaver? I think that they could become the hunted rougarou bayou, timbergold trails, settler creeks and redfeather falls which is rich in water.
Beavers are mostly caught by trappers.
Durin
Scout

Post by Durin »

I like the idea, i had the same idea.
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

Like gas56 says, beavers are generally trapped, not hunted. It is EXTREMELY rare to see a beaver out of the water during daylight. I've only seen one, which dove into the water the instant that I came into view.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
Ugly Pete
Tracker

Post by Ugly Pete »

I've seen a lot of beavers in the water but only one on land and I'm a gray-bearded Canadian. :D

It's more often you get the wits scared out of you when they see you first and do that tail slap warning thing.
Tranar
Spotter

Post by Tranar »

I agree with Ugly Pete... I was once fishing in a jon boat and had one slap it's tail. I thought someone was shooting at me. Scared me too death!
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

Beaver pelts aren't worth what they used to be now that the fashion is for them to be shaved... :P
Personal Bests...
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Fletchette wrote:Beaver pelts aren't worth what they used to be now that the fashion is for them to be shaved... :P
When I read "beaver" I was just waiting for someone to crack that kind of joke - and somehow I knew who it would be! :D
Image Image Image
DOGGRIPSLLC
Tracker

Post by DOGGRIPSLLC »

Fletchette wrote:Beaver pelts aren't worth what they used to be now that the fashion is for them to be shaved... :P
Excuse me but are you assuming that beavers gender? :lol:
Villkatta
Outfitter

Post by Villkatta »

They are hunted during both autumn and spring in Norway - taste better in autumn, but are easier to hunt in spring because of the light.
Could work ingame, and be quite challenging - they have very keen senses. You can shoot them in the head while swimming, and also when they come on land to their current "feeding spot". They should only be active during early and late hours though.

Return to “Animal Suggestions”