New birds

Hawkeye
Outfitter

Re: Birds

Post by Hawkeye »

RidgeBack69 wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:
RidgeBack69 wrote: it shows 4. Pheasant and the 3 ptarmigans that are the same bird with different names and different colors
and different sounds, different AI & different hunting methods.
I see no difference in hunting methods and the AI is basically the same.
Willow ptarmigans are very vocal & typically don't move as much. I use their sound to move towards them, the sound gets louder as I get closer, I get on them and either spook them or whistle them up. Rock ptarmigans don't make much sound at all & seem to move a lot, both on the ground & flying. I watch the fliers lead me to the main group and go spook them up. White-tailed ptarmigans fly a lot and barely make any other noise unless you're already right on top of them. You can either position on the fliers & shoot them, or try to shoot up the main group, then await the return of the ones that flew away & shoot them as they come back.
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Re: New birds

Post by RidgeBack69 »

I will concede that the willow ptarmigans don't spook as easy and you can find your self in the middle of a flock or covey (what ever it is called..LOL) of them as it should be IMO. but other than how far from you they spook they act basically the same. At least that is my observation of them.
Spoiler:

Return to “Animal Suggestions”