HunterMate stopwatch.

JonasWP

HunterMate stopwatch.

Post by JonasWP »

I was thinking...would it be possible to implement some kind of stopwatch in the huntermate, so that once you put out a call, you could time it through the huntermate stopwatch? I.e. making the screen on the huntermate blink or something once the timer reaches zero and it is time to put out a new call? :)
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Re: HunterMate stopwatch.

Post by DYEUZ »

How about looking at the time on your HM , when you call and do the math ? But, tbh , who calls one shot and waits for the call to expire anyway ?
I call whenever i want and often btw .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

DYEUZ wrote:But, tbh , who calls one shot and waits for the call to expire anyway ?
Someone trying to get a broadside shot by calling, then going into a good hiding spot a few meters from there? If that's the case I want to wait as long as possible before I call again since that would make the animal come straight to my hiding spot. (I know, scents, but I don't have them with me all the time)

But I agree that just checking the HM time and adding 11 minutes (for most calls) is faster and easier for me. I do the same after spooking an animal (+12 minutes before it has calmed down for most animals).
Image Image Image
JonasWP

Post by JonasWP »

DYEUZ wrote:How about looking at the time on your HM , when you call and do the math ? But, tbh , who calls one shot and waits for the call to expire anyway ?
I call whenever i want and often btw .
Actually, I can use that argument for almost every suggestion in here. I have been looking at the HM and doing the math. But seeing as many of the suggestions in here looks like QoL, I can't see why we can't have this as well...

For what I can tell, if you put out a new call before the old one expires, it will not reset or add to it. At least that is what I have seen on various guides from top-hunters in here.

And remember that everyone hunts in their own way. Just because you call whenever, it doesn't mean everyone does. If you don't like a stopwatch on your HM, you are free to not use it. But there might just be people outthere who would love having one. Many times, when I position myself for a shot, I tend to forget the time. Be it my age, my frustration or something as simple as tunnelvision on the prey.
Tanngnjostr wrote:
DYEUZ wrote:But, tbh , who calls one shot and waits for the call to expire anyway ?
Someone trying to get a broadside shot by calling, then going into a good hiding spot a few meters from there? If that's the case I want to wait as long as possible before I call again since that would make the animal come straight to my hiding spot. (I know, scents, but I don't have them with me all the time)

But I agree that just checking the HM time and adding 11 minutes (for most calls) is faster and easier for me. I do the same after spooking an animal (+12 minutes before it has calmed down for most animals).
Exactly. I prefer to wait it out as much as possible, in order to get the best shot possible. And again - it IS a QoL thing, just as almost all the other suggestions in this forum. Some might use it, some might not - it doesn't mean it is a bad suggestion. ;)
Last edited by JonasWP on February 10th, 2018, 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

JonasWP wrote:For what I can tell, if you put out a new call before the old one expires, it will not reset or add to it. At least that is what I have seen on various guides from top-hunters in here.
It will add to it, actually the animal will forget the old call the moment you make a new one. Which means it will come to the spot of the second call. Unless another lure (bait site, scent, decoys) has priority over the call.

Edit:
JonasWP wrote:Some might use it, some might not - it doesn't mean it is a bad suggestion. ;)
No, it's not a bad suggestion and you're right, a lot of suggestions are just convenient and not really adding new gameplay elements. The question is always: would the resources that are needed for the development of a feature be warranted by what you gain from it. Of course, there are different opinions about that and that's absolutely fine. :)
Image Image Image
JonasWP

Post by JonasWP »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
JonasWP wrote:For what I can tell, if you put out a new call before the old one expires, it will not reset or add to it. At least that is what I have seen on various guides from top-hunters in here.
It will add to it, actually the animal will forget the old call the moment you make a new one. Which means it will come to the spot of the second call. Unless another lure (bait site, scent, decoys) has priority over the call.
Ah :) Thank you for clarifying it :D Cheers much!

I still suggest having a stopwatch though :P
Tanngnjostr wrote:

Edit:
JonasWP wrote:Some might use it, some might not - it doesn't mean it is a bad suggestion. ;)
No, it's not a bad suggestion and you're right, a lot of suggestions are just convenient and not really adding new gameplay elements. The question is always: would the resources that are needed for the development of a feature be warranted by what you gain from it. Of course, there are different opinions about that and that's absolutely fine. :)
Hmm true that. But to be honest - if they can implement "games" and camo-app on your HM, it won't be THAT difficult to implement a stopwatch :)

One thing I would like to be able to see though, is your drawings that you make on the big map, appear in the HM. If that is not a thing already...? I might have overlooked it.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Never said it was a bad suggestion !

I mean , geez , guys , if you can't at least look at your HM's time and figure it out yourself , man, c'mon , learn to play the game better i say .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

I use a timer on my phone, not so much for the calls but more for scents and scent eliminator.
Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

I don't understand the "call expires" concept. Aren't the calls discrete events? i.e. they only attract an animal when the call is made, not after.
Or are you referring to the time it takes for an attracted animal to lose interest? In which case, isn't that different for each species?
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Tod1d wrote:I don't understand the "call expires" concept. Aren't the calls discrete events? i.e. they only attract an animal when the call is made, not after.
Or are you referring to the time it takes for an attracted animal to lose interest? In which case, isn't that different for each species?
Yes, I was referring to the latter. Most animals - afaik - are attracted to the call for 11 minutes. I know that the bigger deer (red deer, moose) have shorter attention spans. For the turkey it's even shorter. So yes, 11 minutes was just an example and doesn't apply to every species.
Image Image Image

Return to “Equipment Suggestions”