Picabeen Heat Suggestion

_dfad_
Scout

Re: Picabeen Heat Suggestion

Post by _dfad_ »

Did anyone notice whether overheat decreases when you stay in a water?
I tried to enter lakes and stay there for some time but that did not help. But I did not check running water. Indeed, fast stream in northwest part of the map looks like very cold one IRL, and it would be great if it could decrease overheat.

"5 FPS at Picabeen Bay" club ;)
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

The way I understood it, overheating decreases whenever you're standing still. It doesn't seem to matter whether you are standing in a stream or in a certain region of the reserve.
Image Image Image
Zaitzev82
Spotter

Post by Zaitzev82 »

I read that it dissipates when you stand still and when it rains.
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:I had a 5.5 hour hunt earlier today & only had to take 2 drinks of water. I took those drinks the very second that I noticed the heat movement effects on-screen, so wasn't even trying to stretch it. The 2nd drink, I had to take after doing a lot of sprinting to set up some equipment. I'm wearing the tropical forest camo set.
I'd be curious to know: In your personal opinion, do you think it offers any additional gameplay value? Because my feeling is (without having tested it myself, will do it when I first set foot into Piccabeen Bay tonight) that we have a new mechanic that is best when it goes unnoticed and seems to pose a problem for some players (see SU thread). And I still think that a gameplay mechanic for which the best point is "You only have to press a button every hour and you will not notice it" might as well be revoked.
In my opinion it is only, in fact, restricting the choice of clothing.
But a group of people have this fetish for "realism", so I heard.
Spoiler:
Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

Tanngnjostr wrote:And I still think that a gameplay mechanic for which the best point is "You only have to press a button every hour and you will not notice it" might as well be revoked.
I agree.

Plus it is limiting the clothes choice quite a bit. Giving how skittish are the deer and how ignorant to the player are the bovides, the B&C clothing would be my first choice for the reserve and certainly when focussing on deer hunting there. But it has low warm weather resistance.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

Tanngnjostr wrote: I'd be curious to know: In your personal opinion, do you think it offers any additional gameplay value? Because my feeling is (without having tested it myself, will do it when I first set foot into Piccabeen Bay tonight) that we have a new mechanic that is best when it goes unnoticed and seems to pose a problem for some players (see SU thread). And I still think that a gameplay mechanic for which the best point is "You only have to press a button every hour and you will not notice it" might as well be revoked.
I know this was not directed at me, but I did want to say, it's why I think rain/water should factor in. It'd be pretty cool to have that additional planning go into a hunt, and feel real without being too restrictive, imo. Filtered water bottles! All the way!
Tanngnjostr wrote:The way I understood it, overheating decreases whenever you're standing still. It doesn't seem to matter whether you are standing in a stream or in a certain region of the reserve.
I assume this is the case with proper clothing, but with low/no heat resist, it continues to "kill" you even when still.
TurboKid
Tracker

Post by TurboKid »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:I had a 5.5 hour hunt earlier today & only had to take 2 drinks of water. I took those drinks the very second that I noticed the heat movement effects on-screen, so wasn't even trying to stretch it. The 2nd drink, I had to take after doing a lot of sprinting to set up some equipment. I'm wearing the tropical forest camo set.
I'd be curious to know: In your personal opinion, do you think it offers any additional gameplay value? Because my feeling is (without having tested it myself, will do it when I first set foot into Piccabeen Bay tonight) that we have a new mechanic that is best when it goes unnoticed and seems to pose a problem for some players (see SU thread). And I still think that a gameplay mechanic for which the best point is "You only have to press a button every hour and you will not notice it" might as well be revoked.

With no testing on my part. I like that it affects run and gunning. Which on a reserve with huge animals like this one which probably don't get scared easily I prefer. If not it will just be a run and gun reserve. I know in the future EW will add more animals which may be more skittish.

Its also more of an inventory packing thing also, you could say the same about first aid kits, do you bring it or risk it lol.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

TurboKid wrote:With no testing on my part. I like that it affects run and gunning. Which on a reserve with huge animals like this one which probably don't get scared easily I prefer. If not it will just be a run and gun reserve. I know in the future EW will add more animals which may be more skittish.
I can see how it could be a good thing if it really affects run-and-gun, will have to see if it works this way. Even though I would prefer if this was solved in another way: 1) You can only run for a certain amount of time, then have to go back to walking for a while to regain stamina. 2) After running, weapon wobble will increase significantly for a while. 3) This could apply to all reserves. But I'm going off-topic into a different suggestion here. :roll:
Image Image Image
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
TurboKid wrote:With no testing on my part. I like that it affects run and gunning. Which on a reserve with huge animals like this one which probably don't get scared easily I prefer. If not it will just be a run and gun reserve. I know in the future EW will add more animals which may be more skittish.
I can see how it could be a good thing if it really affects run-and-gun, will have to see if it works this way. Even though I would prefer if this was solved in another way: 1) You can only run for a certain amount of time, then have to go back to walking for a while to regain stamina. 2) After running, weapon wobble will increase significantly for a while. 3) This could apply to all reserves. But I'm going off-topic into a different suggestion here. :roll:
Smells like CotW.
Spoiler:
Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

BuiuRei wrote: Smells like CotW.
Or any other hunting game, actually ;)
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov

Return to “Equipment Suggestions”