Picabeen Heat Suggestion

TheSheWolf
Hunter

Picabeen Heat Suggestion

Post by TheSheWolf »

How about a Filtered Water Bottle for, say, 250 $em or so, which can be refilled at the Lodge, or at any of the rivers in the reserve?

I'd also suggest adding some Heat protection to cowboy hats!
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Picabeen Heat Suggestion

Post by TreeKiwi »

Nice idea TheSheWolf! I will pass it on to the team... however I think charging might be viewed upon dimly by the community, the clothing is also getting looked at again :)
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

Ah, I'd be happy to pay for the convenience (it isn't a necessity, after all) of a variety that's refillable! But thanks, awesome.
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

I don't see charging a fee for a upgrade to the free water bottle as a bad thing at all.
Spoiler:
DarkLord
Scout

Post by DarkLord »

I had a similar idea while playing today. I thought it would be cool if you only got one free water bottle, the water you fill from either the lakes and streams or from special locations on the map, but you had to make it potable by putting in Iodine tablets. The tablets could be a consumable item. maybe you get a few free tablets that replenish every hunt, and if you want more to hunt longer you had to buy more. Thoughts?
Spoiler:
lse2003

Post by lse2003 »

I think the tablets are a bad idea just have the water bottle with a filter or I wouldn't mind them if the cost 50 gms. pls increase the heat exhaustion time from 30 in games minutes to 2 in game hours until It takes effect again.
dools24
Tracker

Post by dools24 »

No get rid of the heat affect
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

I had a 5.5 hour hunt earlier today & only had to take 2 drinks of water. I took those drinks the very second that I noticed the heat movement effects on-screen, so wasn't even trying to stretch it. The 2nd drink, I had to take after doing a lot of sprinting to set up some equipment. I'm wearing the tropical forest camo set.
M9Chris
Spotter

Post by M9Chris »

Another Idea is, keep the System at is it and "refresh" the Player if it rains. (Maybe he can refill the Waterbottle in the Rain).
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Hawkeye wrote:I had a 5.5 hour hunt earlier today & only had to take 2 drinks of water. I took those drinks the very second that I noticed the heat movement effects on-screen, so wasn't even trying to stretch it. The 2nd drink, I had to take after doing a lot of sprinting to set up some equipment. I'm wearing the tropical forest camo set.
I'd be curious to know: In your personal opinion, do you think it offers any additional gameplay value? Because my feeling is (without having tested it myself, will do it when I first set foot into Piccabeen Bay tonight) that we have a new mechanic that is best when it goes unnoticed and seems to pose a problem for some players (see SU thread). And I still think that a gameplay mechanic for which the best point is "You only have to press a button every hour and you will not notice it" might as well be revoked.
Image Image Image

Return to “Equipment Suggestions”