Place equipment on other's servers

warhawk373

Place equipment on other's servers

Post by warhawk373 »

Is there a reason for not doing this? Like coding wise, is it too difficult?

I was thinking it would be nice to be able to place stands or blinds then if the person exits out of the server it just removes them and sends them to your inventory.

I assume there would have to be a way to also limit which items can be placed, because things like feeders would be impractical since they take 4 hours to activate. But I feel as though tree stands and blinds would be cool. Decoys would also be nice but I can see why that's a no. Then nobody would have to buy a full spread, you could just have your buddy buy half of them. (now that I think about though, if two friends were to have that dilemma, they would just always hunt on one server instead of both buying full spreads)
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: Place equipment on other's servers

Post by Tanngnjostr »

It's a good idea and one that has been mentioned a few times already. If I understood this right, the current engine doesn't support it and it would be quite a coding task to change this. But I agree that it would be nice, especially since right now we can't even place a predator decoy or a tripod shooting rest while we're playing on another person's server.
Image Image Image

Return to “Equipment Suggestions”