Reversable Trophy shot poses

TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Reversable Trophy shot poses

Post by TreeKiwi »

Hey guys. Just a super quick idea.

Could EW make the trophy poses able to be mirrored. Like any of the poses, mirrored exactly. I just find myself in bad positions sometimes where the direction the pose is facing in doesn't work and because of where the animal or sunlight is I cant move it around to work with the position. Just a small thing I know, but I do like trying to take a good trophy shot and there have been a few times where I have wished a pose would be facing the other way.

Cheers

TK
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Re: Reversable Trophy shot poses

Post by caledonianblues »

You could always just rotate your avatar 180 degrees. That way you're effectively getting the same result, and we get the added bonus of not having to see your face ;)

Only joking of course. I have no idea what would be involved in this, but I know the animator that worked on the poses had to create each one manually (and it took a long time) and I doubt there's an option to just "flip horizontally". If not, then it would be a lot of work, and I somehow doubt it would get signed off.
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

Just like we have preset poses available for the hunter, I would like to see preset poses available for the animal. Positioning the animal in a half way decent pose is a pain in the butt.
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

Originally, when the poses were released, I thought they were going to be positioning the animal instead of the avatar. I do like the way they are now, but it would also be nice to be able to control both a little better. Trying to adjust the animal, then the avatar, then back to the animal is horrible - the animal drops when you hit the spacebar & we have to start all over.
I am more picky with my trophy shots than I need to be though. :roll:
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

Violator31 wrote:Trying to adjust the animal, then the avatar, then back to the animal is horrible - the animal drops when you hit the spacebar & we have to start all over.
I was really excited to hear about the animals freezing during posing when they released the new poses. I went into the game and tested it and was instantly disappointed the first time I hit the spacebar. I am of the opinion that the ragdoll effect that occurs when you switch between posing and camera angle is a poor idea. For a decent picture, I will often switch between the two several times until I get it just right... then I find one more thing I want to change and... start over.

I believe the system could be improved greatly if they get rid of that automatic ragdoll when you switch. The animal could always be frozen, perhaps until you hit a designated ragdoll or reset button on the keyboard at which time the animal will go limp again. Or even a button to toggle ragdoll on and off. But maybe those are just my own crazy thoughts. I just know I spend a lot more time taking trophy shots than I would like to because of constantly fixing the animal after the ragdoll.

As for TK's suggestion, I don't think it's necessary. The very first thing I do when I take a trophy shot is determine where the sun or the best backdrop is and I move the animal and avatar accordingly. Then I make adjustments. There are several different poses to work with and infinite number of angles you could create, so the only real limitation I see is where you actually drop the animal. Perhaps the aforementioned automatic animal poses could speed up the trophy shot process for those who'd like to get pictures of their kill, but don't care if the pose is unique. I imagine that would be a good bit of work for the animator, but I'm sure they could recycle poses for say, all of the deer species or all of the bear species and so on.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

caledonianblues wrote:You could always just rotate your avatar 180 degrees. That way you're effectively getting the same result, and we get the added bonus of not having to see your face ;)

Only joking of course. I have no idea what would be involved in this, but I know the animator that worked on the poses had to create each one manually (and it took a long time) and I doubt there's an option to just "flip horizontally". If not, then it would be a lot of work, and I somehow doubt it would get signed off.
Hahahaha mine and the other million with the same face :lol:
xOEDragonx wrote:
Violator31 wrote:Trying to adjust the animal, then the avatar, then back to the animal is horrible - the animal drops when you hit the spacebar & we have to start all over.
I was really excited to hear about the animals freezing during posing when they released the new poses. I went into the game and tested it and was instantly disappointed the first time I hit the spacebar. I am of the opinion that the ragdoll effect that occurs when you switch between posing and camera angle is a poor idea. For a decent picture, I will often switch between the two several times until I get it just right... then I find one more thing I want to change and... start over.

I believe the system could be improved greatly if they get rid of that automatic ragdoll when you switch. The animal could always be frozen, perhaps until you hit a designated ragdoll or reset button on the keyboard at which time the animal will go limp again. Or even a button to toggle ragdoll on and off. But maybe those are just my own crazy thoughts. I just know I spend a lot more time taking trophy shots than I would like to because of constantly fixing the animal after the ragdoll.

As for TK's suggestion, I don't think it's necessary. The very first thing I do when I take a trophy shot is determine where the sun or the best backdrop is and I move the animal and avatar accordingly. Then I make adjustments. There are several different poses to work with and infinite number of angles you could create, so the only real limitation I see is where you actually drop the animal. Perhaps the aforementioned automatic animal poses could speed up the trophy shot process for those who'd like to get pictures of their kill, but don't care if the pose is unique. I imagine that would be a good bit of work for the animator, but I'm sure they could recycle poses for say, all of the deer species or all of the bear species and so on.
Yeah I wish that you could position them just how you like until you are ready to take the photo. Then hit a button that would make them rag doll again if needed.

Yeah as for your statement, I was meaning for the times like you mention where the animal drops in an odd spot and the sun is in an odd spot as well, so having the option of flipping a pose might make all the difference :) I'm just getting into taking nice pictures and sometimes you actually just cant get one. But if you cant just flip the models over like David was saying then yeah I can see it being too much work and I would rather it be spent else where :)

TK
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

if it can be mirrored might be worth while. ive been caught by this one before. would make mp shots funny too

Return to “Equipment Suggestions”