Video Camera

Flinter
Scout

Video Camera

Post by Flinter »

I've seen this being suggested before, but never in this manor... I think for those of us that make YouTube content, and probably even some that don't, a camera would be really useful.

Usually what has been suggested in the past has been basically an in game screen recording software. My thought is for the camera to have no function except zoom. Probably to 16x so it's not just an upgraded spotting scope. It should have no borders, nothing on screen, just allow us to zoom in.

I think it probably should be impossible to spot animals while using it as well, maybe with that feature we could even have slightly improved zoom, maybe up to 20x. That makes it so the spotting scope does not become obselete.

It'd be so nice to get some up-close footage of animals, or even our friends taking animals without the pesky borders of the binoculars.

I know little about game development, but a zoom feature seems easy enough. I think there would be a lot of people who'd use it as well. I hope this can be considered :)
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Re: Video Camera

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

I like this idea. I suggested a go-pro type camera a while back. It would be cool like you said to be able to film others without the binocular shape.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
Flinter
Scout

Re: RE: Re: Video Camera

Post by Flinter »

InstinctiveArcher wrote:I like this idea. I suggested a go-pro type camera a while back. It would be cool like you said to be able to film others without the binocular shape.
The gopro kind of camera is a cool idea. Though I can't see a screen capture software being added to game itself :(

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Hifisch
Scout

Post by Hifisch »

My trick to get rid of those binocular border lines and get a bit closer to the animal is a static zoom later in post production. Yes, you get a loss in quality here, but if not overdone it always worked really well for me. You can't do it in Windows Movie Maker though, my personal editing program is Sony Vegas.
Flinter
Scout

Re: RE: Re: Video Camera

Post by Flinter »

Hifisch wrote:My trick to get rid of those binocular border lines and get a bit closer to the animal is a static zoom later in post production. Yes, you get a loss in quality here, but if not overdone it always worked really well for me. You can't do it in Windows Movie Maker though, my personal editing program is Sony Vegas.
The loss of quality is what gets me :( Not to get too far off topic, but I started using the trial version of Sony Vegas, and I absolutely love it. But I can't afford the full version :(
baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Post by baloo.the.dog »

go-pro would be real cool, or a tripod mounted camera that we could deploy to film a certain spot like a feeder, which we can control when it is recording with our HM.
Give us ptarmigans on Whiterime Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tide!!

Return to “Equipment Suggestions”