Tents idea

Jackson11
Scout

Tents idea

Post by Jackson11 »

I think it would be nice to be able to remove tents and blinds without actually having to be there.

My theHunter name: Jackson011 Youtube: Jackson011 theHunter (no videos yet though :D ) Twitter:@jacksonmcox
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Re: Tents idea

Post by caledonianblues »

Do you mean a function that allows you to wipe a reserve clean, for example? Or are you referring more to a general day-to-day management thing? I can't imagine the need to regularly remove placeable objects from reserves. Is it something you do often?
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

anything you do from website without having to physically visit the location which = time spent is a good idea.i personally move tents quite a bit ingame.

also addition of co ords from webside would be nice so i dont need to go ingame to see where i would like to place a item or where a animal is shot for eg.i could mark it maybe also webside then go ingame to marked location.

so add x and y axis on theHunter map from webside.before starting hunt.the reason for this is someone might say ooh i got this or that at add cords.or this tent is here at this co ords.you wouldnt have to go ingame then to check just to the launch map see where location is.thats time saved.less effort to do so.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

ronMctube wrote:anything you do from website without having to physically visit the location which = time spent is a good idea.
Well, with the possible exception of placing tents, since that would significantly undermine their value. Imagine if you could remove and place tents from the website. People would buy a lot less of them. Plus, there would be an expectation of being able to alt-tab during sessions to place them. Of course you could limit that functionality but ultimately I think there are too many grey areas for this ever to be considered a viable option. It would make the movement of world items far too convenient. It would be nice for players, but I don't think it would be nice for revenue generation from world items.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

I gotta say that I wouldn't like this option. Part of the game is actually having to do some of the hard work and go install a tent, blind, tower etc. If you make things too easy you take away some of the reward from the game. Just my opinion.
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

TreeKiwi wrote:I gotta say that I wouldn't like this option. Part of the game is actually having to do some of the hard work and go install a tent, blind, tower etc. If you make things too easy you take away some of the reward from the game. Just my opinion.
I agree with you completely, I have often though from the spacing of the tents "oh that looks like a nice spot on the map" ony to find it useless ingame when you see the terrain around it. A little hard work never hurt anyone.... :)
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

SPRK85
Outfitter

Post by SPRK85 »

TreeKiwi wrote:I gotta say that I wouldn't like this option. Part of the game is actually having to do some of the hard work and go install a tent, blind, tower etc. If you make things too easy you take away some of the reward from the game. Just my opinion.
Here, here!

Exactly how I feel about it... I love to hike for miles to find that sweetspot. Still have two towers and a tent for which I still need to find a good spot, so I keep scouting around with a tower in my pocket.

Just love doing that...
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

I have been thinking about this a lot recently... just to touch on it again. I think maybe being able to click on gear in the launcher and remove it would be a nice idea. But I still don't think placing it is a good thing.
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

I find tent system is perfect as it's now. That doesn't need changes.
saldas1983
Hunter

Post by saldas1983 »

As we are talking about tents here I would love to see tents bundle, blinds bundle and other large equipment bundles. We have callers bundle so I dont see the reason we couldnt have these bundles.

Return to “Equipment Suggestions”