Any chance of ATVs in Classic?

Sqwee
Outfitter

Re: Any chance of ATVs in Classic?

Post by Sqwee »

I would love them for when I'm working on setups. I use tons of equipment, and I end up spending more time running around placing stuff than actually hunting. Being able to zip around quickly and carry more stands with me would be awesome.

But when it comes to hunting, they would break the game. The only way it would work is if once an ATV is activated on a hunt, you're no longer able to use a weapon at all. And no ATV's on MP at all.
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

Sqwee wrote:I would love them for when I'm working on setups. I use tons of equipment, and I end up spending more time running around placing stuff than actually hunting. Being able to zip around quickly and carry more stands with me would be awesome.

But when it comes to hunting, they would break the game. The only way it would work is if once an ATV is activated on a hunt, you're no longer able to use a weapon at all. And no ATV's on MP at all.
I gave this some thought over the weekend and realize ATVs would be a good addition to the game, if and only if they were done correctly with proper limitations. For the reasons sqwee have mentioned and since we do not have a means of filling up our feeders from the launcher, ATVs will be pretty handy for zooming across the reserve to place equipment and fill feeders. I think limiting ATVs to single player only, having a spook radius out to max render range, and being unable to use a weapon, ATVs would end up only allowing hunters their use for setting up reserves. Also I think when an ATV is equipped, it should increase your carrying capacity such that you can carry more large equipment when setting up reserves.
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

JamboWhoDat wrote:
Sqwee wrote:I would love them for when I'm working on setups. I use tons of equipment, and I end up spending more time running around placing stuff than actually hunting. Being able to zip around quickly and carry more stands with me would be awesome.

I gave this some thought over the weekend and realize ATVs would be a good addition to the game, if and only if they were done correctly with proper limitations. For the reasons sqwee have mentioned and since we do not have a means of filling up our feeders from the launcher, ATVs will be pretty handy for zooming across the reserve to place equipment and fill feeders. I think limiting ATVs to single player only, having a spook radius out to max render range, and being unable to use a weapon, ATVs would end up only allowing hunters their use for setting up reserves. Also I think when an ATV is equipped, it should increase your carrying capacity such that you can carry more large equipment when setting up reserves.
basically a very restricted tent then. how often do you set up a reserve or rearrange existing gear?. once every 6 months maybe?. tent bundles would of say 6 for the price of 4 would be inherently quicker and more useful in the long run imo. only perk would be filling feeders and if we every get the fill from launcher option the quad is done.
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

don't need no stink'in ATV....... :roll:
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

Sqwee
Outfitter

Post by Sqwee »

L3M182 wrote:
JamboWhoDat wrote:

basically a very restricted tent then. how often do you set up a reserve or rearrange existing gear?. once every 6 months maybe?. tent bundles would of say 6 for the price of 4 would be inherently quicker and more useful in the long run imo. only perk would be filling feeders and if we every get the fill from launcher option the quad is done.

When you have feeders setup, you can't place tents within 400m, which makes it a pain in the butt sometimes.

But yeah, at the end of the day, it makes no sense to spend time developing ATV's just for setups. Because they would break the hunting aspect.
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

I mainly just want a way to fill feeders faster, whether that be with the use of an ATV or through a launcher feature. If I had that, I would be using my feeders more and EW would be making more money from me purchasing feeder refills more often.
Sqwee
Outfitter

Post by Sqwee »

We could just pay Doc 5em$ per feeder to go out and fill up, from the launcher.

Return to “Equipment Suggestions”