Stacking inventory items

Hangfire1

Stacking inventory items

Post by Hangfire1 »

This is a common thing in any game with an inventory. The fact that I have 2 + 2 camping supply's in my backpack and can't travel to a location that requires 3 is just kind of wrong. They either need to be stackable ( being able to add them together) or count as 1 inventory item.
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Re: Stacking inventory items

Post by Deconstructed »

Or better yet, unstackable. Don't by the 100 pack of camping supplies because you can't split them.
R2Detour
Hunter

Post by R2Detour »

They need to change how this works. You only need max 5 to fast travel across the map, and to have a stack of 100 that can't be split is just plain ridiculous. I think that the camping supplies should just be removed from the game, and rather have it the same way as with cabins. Have a time limit on how often you can fast travel, maybe even base it on distance, but camping supplies should just go away.
Trackfield
Scout

Post by Trackfield »

Deconstructed wrote:Or better yet, unstackable. Don't by the 100 pack of camping supplies because you can't split them.
Wish I had read this before buying. I figured it would come in ten 10 packs. :oops:
Is way too heavy to carry.

Please allow us to stack, or split items of this type.
I was very surprise we could not do this already.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Trackfield wrote:
Deconstructed wrote:Or better yet, unstackable. Don't by the 100 pack of camping supplies because you can't split them.
Wish I had read this before buying. I figured it would come in ten 10 packs. :oops:
Is way too heavy to carry.

Please allow us to stack, or split items of this type.
I was very surprise we could not do this already.
Yeah... Just pack a tent... ;)
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

Ehhh... Bit of a necro but is this still not fixed? I have a stack of 100 camping supplies that I CANNOT actually put into my inventory. Not without unequpping everything, I assume, which I haven't checked. It doesn't even give the weight of the items :(

There's still no way to split the stack, or am I missing something?!
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

TheSheWolf wrote:Ehhh... Bit of a necro but is this still not fixed? I have a stack of 100 camping supplies that I CANNOT actually put into my inventory. Not without unequpping everything, I assume, which I haven't checked. It doesn't even give the weight of the items :(

There's still no way to split the stack, or am I missing something?!
You're not missing anything - there's no way to split or merge stacks of items at the moment.
Image Image Image
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Tanngnjostr wrote:You're not missing anything - there's no way to split or merge stacks of items at the moment.
This functionality was created for theHunter: Primal and it would be nice to have in Classic too. Unfortunately the inventory code is one of those things you just don't want to touch unless you absolutely have to. The inventory spans so many other areas, so the risk of introducing bugs is pretty significant. That's not to say it wouldn't be nice to have.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

caledonianblues wrote:
Tanngnjostr wrote:You're not missing anything - there's no way to split or merge stacks of items at the moment.
This functionality was created for theHunter: Primal and it would be nice to have in Classic too. Unfortunately the inventory code is one of those things you just don't want to touch unless you absolutely have to. The inventory spans so many other areas, so the risk of introducing bugs is pretty significant. That's not to say it wouldn't be nice to have.
I see. Until it is fixed, the best advice would be not to buy the 100 pack of camping supplies. It weighs 2.5 units even when there's only a few camping supplies left of it. I got one for free (via a Steam bundle) and I only use it whenever I have enough space left (which rarely happens, always other more useful things to bring along). If I buy camping supplies with gm$, I usually take a 15 pack which is more than enough for regular hunts.
Image Image Image
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

Yeah, I have one via the Steam bundle as well, and I can't use it :| It's a shame; this is one of those things that should probably be altered, imo. The ammo is enough of a pain, trying to get the right stack in the weapon :lol:

Oh well--thanks for the responses, either way. Much appreciated!

Return to “Equipment Suggestions”