Be able to select the amount of camping supplies to bring.

stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Re: Be able to select the amount of camping supplies to bring.

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Exactly 4 years later, and we have heat exhaustion, but not simple things like this that are helpful. And if you are down to 2, and have purchased a new 100 supply, you are forced to use double the capacity or start using the 100 while you have 2 left in another pack.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

All of the 'camping supplies' containers should weigh the same in inventory regardless. Whether 100, 50, 15, or 10 (or even 2) they should all weigh the same. Say .5 lbs. like med-kits. EW can then blindly continue to vary the pricing on container sizes according to their unintelligible whims, and no matter how many supplies are left in the container the standardized weight will allow the constantly befuddled, mostly overcharged, largely unsupported and endlessly interfered-with player to just play the damn game.

Who goes hunting for 8 hours carrying camping supplies for the next 50 hunts taking up enormous space in their 'backpacks' to save a measly few em$ from Costco-on-the-Baltic? Oh by the way EW, there's absolutely no savings between the 100 and the 10 pack.:?: ENOUGH with the wildly unpopular bean-counter-friendly 'gimmicks' already: water bottles! :lol: :roll: Knuckleheads!!

There is NO GOOD REASON for different 'camping supplies' weights in inventory. It's just more farcical larceny to support their suspiciously convenient paradigm, where gameplay is twisted into a bloody pretzel to fit their duplicitous 'game-balancing' act. Who thinks this spjork up anyway? Trolls or fools, I'm at a loss to presume. And why someone with the clout or wherewithal (or uncommonly the necessary common sense) hasn't nixed this 'creative' buffoonery yet is anyone's guess. God forbid if there's no one who can. :?
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

JimboCrow wrote:All of the 'camping supplies' containers should weigh the same in inventory regardless. Whether 100, 50, 15, or 10 (or even 2) they should all weigh the same. Say .5 lbs. like med-kits. EW can then blindly continue to vary the pricing on container sizes according to their unintelligible whims, and no matter how many supplies are left in the container the standardized weight will allow the constantly befuddled, mostly overcharged, largely unsupported and endlessly interfered-with player to just play the damn game.

Who goes hunting for 8 hours carrying camping supplies for the next 50 hunts taking up enormous space in their 'backpacks' to save a measly few em$ from Costco-on-the-Baltic? Oh by the way EW, there's absolutely no savings between the 100 and the 10 pack.:?: ENOUGH with the wildly unpopular bean-counter-friendly 'gimmicks' already: water bottles! :lol: :roll: Knuckleheads!!

There is NO GOOD REASON for different 'camping supplies' weights in inventory. It's just more farcical larceny to support their suspiciously convenient paradigm, where gameplay is twisted into a bloody pretzel to fit their duplicitous 'game-balancing' act. Who thinks this spjork up anyway? Trolls or fools, I'm at a loss to presume. And why someone with the clout or wherewithal (or uncommonly the necessary common sense) hasn't nixed this 'creative' buffoonery yet is anyone's guess. God forbid if there's no one who can. :?
Great prose, Jimbo. And exactly correct. Keep in mind, we still have climbing ropes, so your rhetorical/non-rhetorical question is answered.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

JimboCrow wrote: There is NO GOOD REASON for different 'camping supplies' weights in inventory.
Good read Jim.

I get using camping supplies as a revenue stream for player convenience & honestly I don't have a problem with it. However further penalizing the player by burdening them with weight is IMO poor taste.

Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

Agree with Jimbo. Or maybe just erase the weight of camping supplies all-in-all. No matter how many you stockpile in your inventory. Must be the easiest way right?
The stuff needed should already be in the tents anyway... (except the camping sites trips)
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Realistically, you would bring 1 "Camping Supply" for each day you plan to be out on the hunt.

In-game, you always fast travel to a tent or lodge, where you can get another "Camping Supply", so it makes no sense to need to carry more than one.
So, I agree that either there should be a very small, static capacity cost regardless of how many you have...
OR, they should all be sold in bundles of individual units with very small capacity cost, and you can add as many as you like.

Right now, the capacity cost for a single unit would be 0.025.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

Tod1d wrote:Realistically, you would bring 1 "Camping Supply" for each day you plan to be out on the hunt.
Setting aside the fact that longer fast-travels can require more than one Camping supply...
Personal Bests...
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Fletchette wrote:
Tod1d wrote:Realistically, you would bring 1 "Camping Supply" for each day you plan to be out on the hunt.
Setting aside the fact that longer fast-travels can require more than one Camping supply...
Forgot about that. So, up to 5? (one for every km traveled)
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

Tod1d wrote:
Fletchette wrote:
Forgot about that. So, up to 5? (one for every km traveled)
Yeah, you'd know better that me. Aren't you the one that does maps and measures distances? I've never traveled that far, but I'd bet my average Fast-travel is 2 supplies.
Personal Bests...
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Yeh, my pet peeve for quite a while was the messed up distances on the in-game map. Which affected the cost to fast travel. Can't believe I forgot about that. :D

Return to “Equipment Suggestions”