Does anyone remember the .45 Long Colt Revolver?

Zarpa
Tracker

Does anyone remember the .45 Long Colt Revolver?

Post by Zarpa »

With the announcement of the forthcoming .45 Saboted round for the Muzzleloader pistol, It came to my mind how forgotten is our old .45 Long Colt.
The permitted species list for this gun is ridiculous, and apparently (I don't own it) is underperforming on almost all of them.
Perhaps it needs a bit of love from some kind dev ...
MooseHunter330
Outfitter

Re: Does anyone remember the .45 Long Colt Revolver?

Post by MooseHunter330 »

I agree. It was executed horribly. The animation is completely inaccurate, the capacity, too and, as you said, the permitted species are ridiculous.
I would like to use it, but every time I equip it, I get reminded of why I don't.
Spends all the gold and money to buy new weapons in the shape of guns.
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

MooseHunter330 wrote:I agree. It was executed horribly. The animation is completely inaccurate, the capacity, too and, as you said, the permitted species are ridiculous.
I would like to use it, but every time I equip it, I get reminded of why I don't.
I have both and they're a pita to get to even 100 kills each.
If only they had the same list as the 44/10mm, they'd be kinda useful.
Spoiler:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Good idea to give those revolvers a little overhaul!

I'm trying to get to only 25 harvests with the .45 revolvers at the moment - and I have to say they are the worst weapons in the game. They can barely scratch the species that they are ethical for - it's a bit like shooting red foxes with the .17 HMR. If those weapons stay the way they are and if the ethical species list isn't changed, do yourself a favor and don't buy unless you really need the achievements! :?
Image Image Image
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

Tanngnjostr wrote:Good idea to give those revolvers a little overhaul!

I'm trying to get to only 25 harvests with the .45 revolvers at the moment - and I have to say they are the worst weapons in the game. They can barely scratch the species that they are ethical for - it's a bit like shooting red foxes with the .17 HMR. If those weapons stay the way they are and if the ethical species list isn't changed, do yourself a favor and don't buy unless you really need the achievements! :?
The only thing that it can be used against, and even then it's not particularly good, is pigs at short range - and remember to double tap.
Spoiler:
killertut
Master Hunter

Post by killertut »

BuiuRei wrote:

The only thing that it can be used against, and even then it's not particularly good, is pigs at short range - and remember to double tap.
but for pigs i much rather use the el bisonte or the .340 rifle ;)

Feedback on my work as a moderator is always welcome!
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

killertut wrote:
BuiuRei wrote:

I meant in the context of you "have" to grind it.
It's still poor, but less annoying.
Spoiler:
Prinz1989
Hunter

Post by Prinz1989 »

BuiuRei wrote:
killertut wrote:
BuiuRei wrote: The only thing that it can be used against, and even then it's not particularly good, is pigs at short range - and remember to double tap.
I meant in the context of you "have" to grind it.
It's still poor, but less annoying.
Reindeer are also an option.
Also surprisingly moose. You can easy get close to them. Their lungs are hard to miss targets at close range and such a big animal is easy to double tap.

But I agree, that the ethical list should be revisited by EW.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Even if they did fix the permitted list, they made it a FIVE shooter for Pete's sake!!! :o And, can you imagine?, gave it a swing out cylinder???!!! They tried to pass it off as a "remake" of the old classic; ok, so then why is there an ejector rod on a weapon with a swing out cylinder? Bullpucky!!! :x That absolutely spoiled it for me. They were EXTREMELY LAZY in just copying the animation from previous. They'd done such great work on so many other weapons in the past that when they announced it I was giddy with excitement, but like everyone else I was just sorry I bought it. :evil: C'mon EW, how about a do over? It's way overdue.
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

JimboCrow wrote:Even if they did fix the permitted list, they made it a FIVE shooter for Pete's sake!!! :o And, can you imagine?, gave it a swing out cylinder???!!! They tried to pass it off as a "remake" of the old classic; ok, so then why is there an ejector rod on a weapon with a swing out cylinder? Bullpucky!!! :x That absolutely spoiled it for me. They were EXTREMELY LAZY in just copying the animation from previous. They'd done such great work on so many other weapons in the past that when they announced it I was giddy with excitement, but like everyone else I was just sorry I bought it. :evil: C'mon EW, how about a do over? It's way overdue.
Now imagine if you have both of them.
Yeah...
Spoiler:

Return to “Weapons & Weapon Accessory Suggestions”