Different caliber variants to choose for same rifle model.

Sherab86
Hunter

Different caliber variants to choose for same rifle model.

Post by Sherab86 »

Ok, this is one of those ideas of with I'm aware that they have very limited chance to be introduced into the game. But, would be nice if they would be. ;) At least for me.

Since rifles, or even broader, firearms a such, have rather limited influance (if any) on performance in the game (.308 rifles vs. .308 pistol would be notable exception I guess), I propose to introduce several variants of the same rifle model (same 3d model, and animations) chambered for the different ammunition present in the game. As long, as RL counterparts (official or unofficial) can be chambered for given ammo too.

Actualy, perfectly, different caliber's rifles should have slightly different models (bore diameter, and ammo), but I would be sattisfied, if dev's would use exactly the same 3d models for every version. Maybe only a firing sound should be different.

Why I would like this? Well, there are some very beatiful rifles in the game, and also some less beatiful. ;) And this is a matter of personal taste. It would be great, if we could choose a rilfe that we like for it look and/or functionality (mag. capacity, firerate, etc.) and a caliber that we need.

For example, I like the look of my Stambecco. It also occupies less space in inventory, than some other rifles. But, while I'm preety happy with it's performance, If I could I would probably prefer one chambered for .300 (in the game). Price of such a rifle in the store should be of course bigger than the one chambered for 7 mm.

Now, by choosing rifle we choose only one type of ammo automaticaly. We can consider eventualy different rifle model chambered for the same ammo. But there not always is such.

Generaly, this is for more personalization options.

But I'm aware, that sale's wise, this would be probably problematic.

Return to “Weapons & Weapon Accessory Suggestions”