Aiming suggestion

SoftShoe
Outfitter

Aiming suggestion

Post by SoftShoe »

Could we have a slight change to the aiming mechanic? As you well know, currently to aim you click mouse2 & it holds the aim until you break the shot or click it again to stop aiming. Once the shot breaks the game automatically goes into the reload animation.

Personally I would prefer to see that you have to HOLD Button2 to aim & releasing it stops aiming (like CoTW). I would further suggest that the reload animation doesnt begin until after you release it (unlike CoTW).
I doubt I am alone in this but for me being able to see the shot land & the direction the animal wheels post shot (assuming it doesnt drop) is more important then getting my next shot ready quickly.

Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: Aiming suggestion

Post by Tanngnjostr »

SoftShoe wrote:Personally I would prefer to see that you have to HOLD Button2 to aim & releasing it stops aiming (like CoTW). I would further suggest that the reload animation doesnt begin until after you release it (unlike CoTW).
I doubt I am alone in this but for me being able to see the shot land & the direction the animal wheels post shot (assuming it doesnt drop) is more important then getting my next shot ready quickly.
By keeping the left mouse pressed after the shot, you can delay auto-reloading until you release the button. Also, you can turn auto reload off completely in the in-game settings.

Your other suggestion is probably a matter of personal preference, but I like it better in Classic than in CotW.
Image Image Image
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Tanngnjostr wrote: By keeping the left mouse pressed after the shot, you can delay auto-reloading until you release the button.
Perfect! Just what I was looking for thanks!

L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

you can turn auto reload off in the settings.
baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Post by baloo.the.dog »

I like it the way it is, but I think it would be easy to make this happen and changeable in settings.
Give us ptarmigans on Whiterime Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tide!!

Return to “Weapons & Weapon Accessory Suggestions”