New Rifle for New Animal

Knut
Outfitter

Re: New Rifle for New Animal

Post by Knut »

pirahna590 wrote:Looks like they were developing a new rifle, but Im going to have to say this isnt the new rifle intended for the water buffalo. Looking up the ballistics for the 7x57 Mauser, its nothing more then deer sized game, not bison and buffalo, but I do like the stock on this 7x57O/U in comparison to the .30O/U :)
I am not sure what you are talking about here, sorry.

Isn't the new, yet unreleased O/U that was announced in the holiday event news chambered in 9.3x74R?
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
HunterVK
Scout

Post by HunterVK »

I guess that new rifle will be 9.3x74R O/U Break Action Rifle with 1-8x30 Rifle Scope :roll: :D
Last edited by HunterVK on December 1st, 2017, 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MooseHunter330
Outfitter

Post by MooseHunter330 »

I guess 9,3x74R would be appropriate for buffalo.
Knowing EW they'll permit it for the same species as the .340, which is a shame, since it's a wonderful all round cartridge.
Here's to hoping it's permitted for the same animals as the 9,3x62 since they're basically twins and were developed as sister cartridges.
Spends all the gold and money to buy new weapons in the shape of guns.
Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

MooseHunter330 wrote: Here's to hoping it's permitted for the same animals as the 9,3x62 since they're basically twins and were developed as sister cartridges.
That'd be the right thing to do, since the 9.3x74R is just a notch weaker than the 9.3x62
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
pirahna590
Hunter

Post by pirahna590 »

Knut wrote:
pirahna590 wrote:Looks like they were developing a new rifle, but Im going to have to say this isnt the new rifle intended for the water buffalo. Looking up the ballistics for the 7x57 Mauser, its nothing more then deer sized game, not bison and buffalo, but I do like the stock on this 7x57O/U in comparison to the .30O/U :)

Isn't the new, yet unreleased O/U that was announced in the holiday event news chambered in 9.3x74R?
You are correct sir, Im not sure where I saw the 7x57, perhaps it was a bit too early and the coffee hadnt quite kicked in yet lol?
BuckWill
Spotter

Post by BuckWill »

Knut wrote:

WDM Bell killed over 1000 elephant with the 7x57mm military fmj. Just pointless info since no one in there right mind would try this today or be allowed to lol.

Return to “Weapons & Weapon Accessory Suggestions”