Back in Black 3-9x40mm Rifle Scope

nachthexe
Hunter

Back in Black 3-9x40mm Rifle Scope

Post by nachthexe »

Please, pretty please offer a black version of the 3-9x40mm Rifle Scope. It pains me physically to put the silver monstrosity on a hunting rifle.
Code: Select all
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Back in Black 3-9x40mm Rifle Scope

Post by TreeKiwi »

JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

No, he meant this one: https://www.thehunter.com/#store/item/3. Anschutz scopes can not be used with .243, .270, .300, .340 or new 6.5x55 rifles.

But my question is why to use 3-9x40, when it's a better alternative: the 2-10x42, in black or silver, 50 em$ cheaper? Red dot reticle only does not justify a lower magnification (or not for me).
Spoiler:

TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Ah that one! I do like that scope.
nachthexe
Hunter

Post by nachthexe »

JackRbbt wrote:No, he meant this one: https://www.thehunter.com/#store/item/3. Anschutz scopes can not be used with .243, .270, .300, .340 or new 6.5x55 rifles.

But my question is why to use 3-9x40, when it's a better alternative: the 2-10x42, in black or silver, 50 em$ cheaper? Red dot reticle only does not justify a lower magnification (or not for me).
I am not the youngest, and sometimes I have trouble seeing the black cross hairs on dark fur/pelts. One of the reasons I like 2-6x26mm Rifle Scope so much. I find the red dot helpful. But the idea to mount a silvered scope on a hunting rifle is a bit mind-boggling to me.
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

nachthexe wrote:
JackRbbt wrote:No, he meant this one: https://www.thehunter.com/#store/item/3. Anschutz scopes can not be used with .243, .270, .300, .340 or new 6.5x55 rifles.

I am not the youngest, and sometimes I have trouble seeing the black cross hairs on dark fur/pelts. One of the reasons I like 2-6x26mm Rifle Scope so much. I find the red dot helpful. But the idea to mount a silvered scope on a hunting rifle is a bit mind-boggling to me.
OK, it's understandable and i apologize for questioning your reasons! And i agree with you twice: 2-6x26 it's a great scope for hunting pigs or anything else in "tight" and dark spaces (like elks into the forest, in early morning mist) and the silver scope on a "elegant" rifle, like new .243 or .340 is a no-go.
Spoiler:

nachthexe
Hunter

Post by nachthexe »

I do not care about the elegance. I just think that no hunter would mount a potential source of light reflection (besides the lens itself of course) on his rifle. Personally, I have never seen a silvered scope on a RL hunting rifle and I have seen quite a lot.
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

Here are few:

- Leupold Vx:

- Zeiss Conquest:

- Nikon ProStaff:

... and list can continue further more.

If you take a closer look, you'll notice that scopes are silver, but mate silver, not shinny, so they are not reflecting light. At the end, it's all about a matter of personal choice.
Spoiler:

mapache01
Outfitter

Post by mapache01 »

Agree with you! nachthexe , I use the 2-10x42 on .300 because the Black Color but I really like the red dot, my opinion the 2-10x42 scope reticle it's a little to tick specially for small prey like Coyote, Bobcat, Fox Does (deer), Roes and will really help if instead of the German like now, the thin reticle changed to mil dot or like the 12x
This would be nice
Duplex illuminated

Or the German Illuminated

This would be a good option for small and varmint trophy Mil-Mil (German+mil)

I use Mil-dot Illuminated on my varmints Rifle , even my Stoeger Atac air rifle come with a 4-16x40 Mil Dot reticle and for .17HMR I use a Nikko Targetmaster 4-16x44 and for .22LR Barska Blackhawk 6-24x50 Illuminated very reliable and surprisingly accurate, she does the job for Rabbit, Oposum, Skirrels and all varmint, for Pigeons with a friend we use Stoeger Atac, Gamo and Airforce air Rifles .17 and .22.
nachthexe
Hunter

Post by nachthexe »

JackRbbt wrote:Here are few:

- Leupold Vx:

- Zeiss Conquest:

- Nikon ProStaff:

... and list can continue further more.

If you take a closer look, you'll notice that scopes are silver, but mate silver, not shiny, so they are not reflecting light. At the end, it's all about a matter of personal choice.
Please take a look here:
https://www.frankonia.com/jagd/optik/zi ... tikel.html

This is from Frankonia Jagd, possibly Germany's biggest Hunting Equipment Shop. On the three pages of hunting scopes, there is not one in silver! Yes, I know that you can find some in silver and in camo and in the US probably one in pink for your pink gun.

Return to “Weapons & Weapon Accessory Suggestions”