We Have Enough Rifles!

TheSheWolf
Hunter

Re: We Have Enough Rifles!

Post by TheSheWolf »

Know what'd be cool? Customizable weapons. Choose your caliber, stock, color, pattern, mechanism. Would be pretty neat-o.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Do we really have enough Rifles, or should we say do we really have enough weapons........... :D
In my case I'll never have enough Weapons.......lol
O.K..... So I had an old post from the old forum that doesn't exist anymore, but I still have a lot of old pictures on my Storage from those days.
Anyways... here's some ideas for small game, ha ha, and it just doesn't have to be squirrels to hunt on the list,.. although that's not a bad idea.
Some of the weapons since that time we have acquired,.. so we must be heading in the right direction, but there are a few others that we may consider.
Pellet riflles, & Pellet Pistols, & Slingshots
.32 Cal Black Powder Double Barrel Shotgun, & .32 Cal Black Powder Muzzleloader Rifle, & Old Bow, & Crossbow Pistol
.22 LR Lever Action rifle and .22 LR Semi-Auto rifle, and .22 LR Bolt Aciton Rifle and .22 Magnum Revolver
.410 Lever Action shotgun, & .410 Single shot Shotgun, and 20 ga. Single Shot Shotgun, and 20 ga/22LR Combo, and .410 Shotgun Pistol
nomad

Post by nomad »

As a kid i remember reading about some German rifle/shotgun combos. One of those would be cool.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

nomad wrote:As a kid i remember reading about some German rifle/shotgun combos. One of those would be cool.
IIRC, as a kid, I remember having a Savage .22/410 O/U that was a combo like that.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Ringolf
Spotter

Post by Ringolf »

nomad wrote:As a kid i remember reading about some German rifle/shotgun combos. One of those would be cool.
10/10 would buy a "Drilling" :)
Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

Seifer wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing a rifle chambered in .338 lapua magnum ;) How about another pistol, Desert Eagle maybe in .44 Mag or .50 AE :D Just thinking out loud, wishful thinking.

I like this idea. :)

.300 Lapua Magnum would be nice either, but another .30 caliber cartrridge could be too much. ;)
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

Seifer wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing a rifle chambered in .338 lapua magnum ;) How about another pistol, Desert Eagle maybe in .44 Mag or .50 AE :D Just thinking out loud, wishful thinking.
Another CS:GO player! :)
BucksNBuffalo wrote:Personally, I’d like to see a little love for the muzzleloaders. We have 2. That’s it’s. Sure, they are fine rifles, but we have a classic style and a more modern but ugly colored inline muzzy. I’d like to see some more options personally. We have x amount of reskinned rifles and bows, even a couple of reskinned crossbows. But, our muzzies remain the same. ....
Not a muzzleloader fan, but some looking really nice, Chuck!
TheSheWolf wrote:Know what'd be cool? Customizable weapons. Choose your caliber, stock, color, pattern, mechanism. Would be pretty neat-o.
Yes, would be, as was discussed few times already. But almost impossible to be implemented in game. Think only of how many possible combination could be made and how many working hours would be needed to create models, animations, ballistics etc. for each.

About "we have enough rifles", i don't think so! ;)
Spoiler:

Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

When it comes to ballistics its probably don't matter, because (again - probably) they are based solely on ammo. But, still, this would require a lot of work I guess.
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

JackRbbt wrote:
TheSheWolf wrote:Know what'd be cool? Customizable weapons. Choose your caliber, stock, color, pattern, mechanism. Would be pretty neat-o.
Yes, would be, as was discussed few times already. But almost impossible to be implemented in game. Think only of how many possible combination could be made and how many working hours would be needed to create models, animations, ballistics etc. for each.

About "we have enough rifles", i don't think so! ;)
Not really, not if it's premade sets? Each stock + mechanism would have its own animation I guess, but that in and of itself doesn't sound problematic. When you speak of ballistics, again it'd just be premade, not super customized, based on ammunition choice. I meant like...

Choose from body a, b, c, d, e
Choose from caliber a, b, c, d, e
Choose from color a-z
Choose from pattern a-f

That sort of thing. They'd need a few premade animations but to then just assign them to the gun chosen (mechanism + body).

I think what might make it harder is coding in--if there's no current method for it--a new item and the variables for it. I'm guessing that the way the game code works, it'd need to create an entirely new item, rather than just load up variables like color and pattern when the gun is 'accessed.'

Think of it like creating your character--you choose a skin and put on clothes, and then when you load into game, the game loads your variables--or another person's, if you run into them in MP. I'm suggesting gun-making like that. But as I said I'd assume the coding wouldn't allow for it. It would likely be a lot of work to rewrite.

It'd still be pretty cool, though--the ability to choose a style, color and pattern of gun you like, tailored to the prey you hunt and fitted with your scope of preference. I'm guessing everyone would have one. Especially if you could name them :)
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

stancomputerhunter wrote:
IIRC, as a kid, I remember having a Savage .22/410 O/U that was a combo like that.
I killed my 1st Cottontail rabbit in the back yard with a Marbles Game Getter Model 1921 22LR/410 combo.
Some of those guns are outrageous in price nowadays for older models. I've seen some 1st gens (model 1908) in excellent condition go as high as $3,600 with all original package.
The 2nd gens (1921) cost around $30 and now sell from $300-$500 for the gun only.
A newer 3rd Gen priced today can cost around $2,000, talk about inflation.....Lol

Other facts about this gun http://bluebookofgunvalues.com/Blogs/Gu ... rticle=114

Return to “Weapons & Weapon Accessory Suggestions”