We Have Enough Rifles!

caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Re: We Have Enough Rifles!

Post by caledonianblues »

I think there's definitely room for expansion in the muzzleloader department, and some more bows would most likely be well received by the bow hunters in the game.

I would still love to see an air-powered arrow slinger like this. I imagine it'd probably have limited appeal however, or a limited target audience I should say. A couple more pistols or revolvers could be fun too, and another pump action shotgun like a Remington 870 with a nice walnut stock. Like this.

But I kind of agree. The rifle department pretty much has it all now. If I had to come up with new rifles to add (which are unique or offer something unique) I'd be hard pushed to come up with anything. At least something that would be considered balanced enough to be added.
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

caledonianblues wrote:I think there's definitely room for expansion in the muzzleloader department, and some more bows would most likely be well received by the bow hunters in the game.

I would still love to see an air-powered arrow slinger like this. I imagine it'd probably have limited appeal however, or a limited target audience I should say. A couple more pistols or revolvers could be fun too, and another pump action shotgun like a Remington 870 with a nice walnut stock. Like this.

But I kind of agree. The rifle department pretty much has it all now. If I had to come up with new rifles to add (which are unique or offer something unique) I'd be hard pushed to come up with anything. At least something that would be considered balanced enough to be added.
The Air powered arrow launcher would be fun but the Remington 870 is a pump gun the 1100 and 11-87 are auto loaders. I wouldn't mind seeing either in game but chambered for 3.5" shells but I don't think the 1100 was chambered that way but the 11-87 might have been. Or even any other 3.5" autoloader would be great.
Spoiler:
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

caledonianblues wrote:I think there's definitely room for expansion in the muzzleloader department, and some more bows would most likely be well received by the bow hunters in the game.

There's a lot of opportunity with muzzleloaders for sure. You could do modern & traditional pistols, modern strikerfire rifles, Johnston Muzzleloaders, etc.

There's more opportunity with bows. I would love to see some really nice Premium recurves, something like these from Blacktail Bows

I think there's room for a dedicated rifled slug gun, something like a Benelli SuperNova Pump in a camo similar to Realtree APG, with a matching camo skin from our slug scope. This would extend the working range of 12 gauge slugs further than the smooth bore shotguns.

There are a ton of rifles in the game, for sure, but there will always be some new calibers, or different aesthetics that appeal to people. In my case, I'd love to see the new Bergara HMR 14 in 6.5 Creedmoor. That combo is extremely popular right now in the states, offers a new caliber (albeit would have similar results as ones we already have) and is different aesthetically than anything we have.
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

X2 on the Blacktails! They are absolutely stunning, and the guy who makes them is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. I got to talk to him at an archery show and shoot a few of his bows. They were very pleasant to shoot and the craftsmanship was second to none. I was almost scared to touch them. :lol:

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Post by InvisibleFlame9 »

I agree. Too many rifles....

If we are talking strictly 'weapons' in this thread. Why haven't they added the 'death glance'? Huh? Anyone thought of that? How come there isn't a special scope where I can spot animals and kill them with lazer vission? Special goggles called the 'death eye' or something! Ok maybe I'm being a bit facetious here...

I think the number of weapons is overkill (no pun intended) when there is a lot of room for developing some of the 'adventure' aspects of the game that are already in place that would make the maps more interesting to explore. I Love the huge maps. But why am I going to walk for miles to hunt deer in the north pole vs. florida. But if the north pole has treasure inside a decrepid old cabin or creepy sightings of sasquatches in the north that I need to go bring back prints or sasquatch himself for my trophy room that I can only find or acheive things in those places.......that's so much better. I feel like these maps are so beautiful and 'under utilized' for the potential of gameplay aspects that can be enjoyed with them (as I've discussed in other threads). The improvements I'm thinking of don't have to be anything complicated and only expand on what is already in the game. Like haveing a new creature like sasquatch would be like adding another animal but it could have interesting mechanics maybe like how it behaves. That it is really good at evading detection and being spotted by players but is more common than it seems. To me shaking things up in the game in that way is more interesting than adding more guns.

Return to “Weapons & Weapon Accessory Suggestions”