Autoloading Rifle

MooseHunter330
Outfitter

Re: Autoloading Rifle

Post by MooseHunter330 »

The bolt cycling thing annoys me, too. It should only be available for certain guns like the R8, Leverguns and .308 Straight Pull. But certainly not stuff like the Bullpup or Anschütz rifles.
If you still have guns, that can stay scoped while cycling the semi automatic would have something going for it, but it wouldn't be exclusive.
Spends all the gold and money to buy new weapons in the shape of guns.
mikeman1
Scout

Post by mikeman1 »

The "game balance" argument does not hold any water when you consider most of the bolt action guns in the game are actually single shot, while there are a couple of multi shot bolt actions and SA's. Also,the argument about SA's being "rare" in real life is a little skewed when you consider there are far more SA's than there are single shot large caliber guns out there. As a matter of fact, I don't recall ever hunting with anyone who used a single shot bolt rifle for medium or large game, and I sure ain't no spring chicken!

I say a mighty YES to a SA large caliber.
Code: Select all

lse2003

Post by lse2003 »

Why not make a auto-loading old gun like in battlefield 1 like the ce-rigotti where the casing ejects out from the top or the .30 marksman with a scope on the left side and the casing ejecting from the top. They could even make the capacity of the gun lower maybe in the range of 3 to 4 for maximum capacity. That's what this game does not have many rustic rifles.
Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

Kosanderi wrote:Bolt actions in this game haven't been artificially slowed down...
Ok... But I was reffering to 12/70 Pump Action Shotgun - IRL it can be almost as quick as semi-automatic (however I'm not saying one can be very accurate with such a rate of fire). In game it is much slower to "pump" it after each shot.
Keeping this in mind I don't see how semi-auto would be any more useful in varmint hunting than in hunting generally.
For quick follow-up shots in case of miss - due to often relatively small, fast moving targets. But of course one can argue, that this gives additional safety margin in case of messed up shots on large game too. ;)

And I was adding "if" to my previous descriptions no without reason, because I simply don't know what is reality here. I only suppose that bolt-action rifles are more common, but never said there's no semi-automatic at all. And when it comes to single-fire vs. magazines, I actualy agree a lot. However again, I'm only guessing because I'm not a hunter IRL.

I have nothing against semi-automatic rifles in the game. But still, there must be enough pression from the community to make them more common (in addition to already present). :)
pirahna590
Hunter

Post by pirahna590 »

getting tired of the whole game balance thing to be honest with you ... its not game balance, its handicap control. Plain an simply put, I dont think there should be ANY game balance with firearms in the game with the exception too this ... if it exists in real life and can be used to legally hunt game animals then it has the right to exist here on the parameters of being a realistic hunting experience type game, any firearm implemented into the game should reflect realistic values of the real counterpart from its ballistics to rate of fire, not be handicapped to level the playing field.

No, Im not saying full auto should be allowed into the game, what I am saying is keep the firearms realistic to their counterparts in real life ... even the 12gauge pump action shotgun we have is handicapped by a good 2 - 3 second delay before we are allowed to chamber the next round to be fired, why? I understand that this is a game and some people feel the playing field needs to be " balanced " to make it fair to everyone, but I ask you this ... how can you be fair to everyone when your controlling their ability to take action? How can you gauge whos the best when ones actions are being controlled? I say let the firearms handle as their real counterparts do and lets find out who's really the best here :D
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

pirahna590 wrote:getting tired of the whole game balance thing to be honest with you ... its not game balance, its handicap control. Plain an simply put, I dont think there should be ANY game balance with firearms in the game with the exception too this ... if it exists in real life and can be used to legally hunt game animals then it has the right to exist here on the parameters of being a realistic hunting experience type game, any firearm implemented into the game should reflect realistic values of the real counterpart from its ballistics to rate of fire, not be handicapped to level the playing field.

No, Im not saying full auto should be allowed into the game, what I am saying is keep the firearms realistic to their counterparts in real life ... even the 12gauge pump action shotgun we have is handicapped by a good 2 - 3 second delay before we are allowed to chamber the next round to be fired, why? I understand that this is a game and some people feel the playing field needs to be " balanced " to make it fair to everyone, but I ask you this ... how can you be fair to everyone when your controlling their ability to take action? How can you gauge whos the best when ones actions are being controlled? I say let the firearms handle as their real counterparts do and lets find out who's really the best here :D
I think you're misunderstanding what they mean by "game balance". It's not about balance between players, it's about balance between the weapons themselves. They're trying to avoid "super-weapons" that can do everything, thus eliminating the need to use different weapons for different situations. Let's face it, IRL you could hunt every animal represented in the game with just a 30-06 and a shotgun, but that would make the game a lot less interesting in the long term, and obviously reduce the sales that keep the game financially viable.

BTW, your 12ga must be slow. I just tested, and can fire all 6 rounds in less than 10 seconds, so obviously there is not "a good 2 - 3 second delay before we are allowed to chamber the next round". There is a delay, but you'd be hard pressed to find many people IRL that could consistently fire 6 12ga rounds from a pump in less than 10 seconds without just blasting away like an idiot pumping the gun without aiming.
Personal Bests...
pirahna590
Hunter

Post by pirahna590 »

Fletchette wrote:
pirahna590 wrote:getting tired of the whole game balance thing to be honest with you ... its not game balance, its handicap control. Plain an simply put, I dont think there should be ANY game balance with firearms in the game with the exception too this ... if it exists in real life and can be used to legally hunt game animals then it has the right to exist here on the parameters of being a realistic hunting experience type game, any firearm implemented into the game should reflect realistic values of the real counterpart from its ballistics to rate of fire, not be handicapped to level the playing field.

I think you're misunderstanding what they mean by "game balance". It's not about balance between players, it's about balance between the weapons themselves. They're trying to avoid "super-weapons" that can do everything, thus eliminating the need to use different weapons for different situations. Let's face it, IRL you could hunt every animal represented in the game with just a 30-06 and a shotgun, but that would make the game a lot less interesting in the long term, and obviously reduce the sales that keep the game financially viable.

BTW, your 12ga must be slow. I just tested, and can fire all 6 rounds in less than 10 seconds, so obviously there is not "a good 2 - 3 second delay before we are allowed to chamber the next round". There is a delay, but you'd be hard pressed to find many people IRL that could consistently fire 6 12ga rounds from a pump in less than 10 seconds without just blasting away like an idiot pumping the gun without aiming.

LTNS Flechette ... I get that its a balance between the weapons themselves, and there for, in essence, kind of balancing the players ... Dont get me wrong, Im not bashing EW, just think the cycle rates on these firearms are buffered for gameplay and dont represent the firearms they are depicting in real life, just wish that aspect could be more realistic is all. I may have been over estimating the time on the reload for the shotgun, but was using that example to demonstrate what I mean by a delay, as there is definitely a delay as compared to the real counterpart ... to what exact measurement of delay im unsure of lol. I suppose if there wasnt a balance then newer hunters wouldnt hit nearly as much as they fired an there for lose interest in the game, I was thinking more along the lines of more experienced hunters that could use the freedom of having no handicap to be able to fully explore their potential ... again, not bashing EW by any means, LOVE this game ... maybe too much lol
Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

Fletchette wrote:There is a delay, but you'd be hard pressed to find many people IRL that could consistently fire 6 12ga rounds from a pump in less than 10 seconds without just blasting away like an idiot pumping the gun without aiming.
Well... not many, but some...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3m-WNk44hI

;)
nachthexe
Hunter

Post by nachthexe »

We don't need autoloading rifles, really look.

This guy is amazing.
Code: Select all
pirahna590
Hunter

Post by pirahna590 »

nachthexe wrote:We don't need autoloading rifles, really look.

This guy is amazing.
Yes, the guy is pretty good, but your not going to obtain that rate of fire with the weapons in game an thats the point Im making, not weather or not we need an autoloader ... what would it matter if they gave us another one? EW would buffer the rate of fire to that of our in game bolt actions, which they themselves are also buffered to fire slower :roll: :lol:. In the end, with the game balance, semi-auto's ingame would have the same rate as fire as the bolt actions so there would be no real performance gain and there for purely a personal taste as to what kind of action you prefer to hunt with, pump, bolt, or semi ... all would have the same rates of fire and before someone says this gun shoots a little faster then this one, yes, there are minute differences with rates of fire between ingame guns, I guess the more accurate way to say this is that semi's would have the same marginal rate of fire that the other guns do in game ... so why try to debunk semi-autos in game. If you dont like em, dont buy em, its personal taste an who are we to judge another on their personal tastes? :D

Return to “Weapons & Weapon Accessory Suggestions”