Autoloading Rifle

Kosanderi
Tracker

Re: Autoloading Rifle

Post by Kosanderi »

Sherab86 wrote:
Kosanderi wrote:Bolt actions in this game haven't been artificially slowed down...
Ok... But I was reffering to 12/70 Pump Action Shotgun - IRL it can be almost as quick as semi-automatic (however I'm not saying one can be very accurate with such a rate of fire). In game it is much slower to "pump" it after each shot.
Sure, that is a valid example and I too think that pump action shotgun is slower than it should be. But I also think that semi-auto 308 would be rather compared to 308 bolt action or straight pull bolt action rifle.
Sherab86 wrote:
Keeping this in mind I don't see how semi-auto would be any more useful in varmint hunting than in hunting generally.
For quick follow-up shots in case of miss - due to often relatively small, fast moving targets. But of course one can argue, that this gives additional safety margin in case of messed up shots on large game too. ;)

And I was adding "if" to my previous descriptions no without reason, because I simply don't know what is reality here. I only suppose that bolt-action rifles are more common, but never said there's no semi-automatic at all. And when it comes to single-fire vs. magazines, I actualy agree a lot. However again, I'm only guessing because I'm not a hunter IRL.

I have nothing against semi-automatic rifles in the game. But still, there must be enough pression from the community to make them more common (in addition to already present). :)
Given that the targets are relatively smaller and caliber bigger - the risk of just wounding the animal is lower. Even bad hits cause more trauma than necessary to kill the vermin so quick follow up shots are not so necessary. And if the hunter missed that little critter completely when it was staying still - or moving slowly - try to imagine that same dude trying to hit the same damn thing when it's fleeing. :lol:

So I would say that it's more important to have that safety margin especially for the larger game. Most important for dangerous game such as bears, wild boar, cottontail etc.
nachthexe wrote:We don't need autoloading rifles, really look.
Yeah... I looked... Did you look at the previous posts on this thread? It's not about need. It's about diversity.
nachthexe wrote:

This guy is amazing.
Skilled guy - still has to lower the gun for bolt manipulation and loses the line of sight. Also - Can't be sure but if that bear would have attacked - do you think he would of rather had a semi-auto? How about you? I know I would. When that sized pile of meat, theeth and claws closes that gap in 2-3 seconds. Again - I'd rather have more options than less.
Spoiler:

Return to “Weapons & Weapon Accessory Suggestions”